“Over-rated”

Pasticceria Rocco
Ranked #18 of 406 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Rocco's Pastry & Espresso Café is now Pasticceria Rocco - Same family, same great authentic pastries! Come in and indulge in sweet tradition.
MELBOURNE
“Over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We first visited Rocco's a few years back after discovering it ona food and culture walking tour.
The cannoli is very good and there is a great selection of sweets.
I ordered tiramisu and found the cup filled with copious amounts of sweet cream. I removed all of it and ate 3-4 mouthfuls of biscuit which was all that was left.
I must admit I am a coffee snob and am spoilt with great coffee in Melbourne but I would prefer instant coffee out of a packet.
Waiter would have seen the discarded cream and the untouched coffee but wasn't very interested.
It's NY guys, don't waste your time, go elsewhere.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank AnnaDownUnder

Coronado, California
“Sweet, sweet, sweet............”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Enjoyed looking at the grand selection of cookies and pastries displayed by this Village icon and finally picking out a couple of huge cookies and drinks. We enjoyed them in Father Domo park, just a few steps from the shop. A definite "must stop and sample" sweet shop.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

what a great selection of treats. I wanted to try everything they had. As we had had lunch before, we shared a big cookie and I drank a hot chocolate, definitely the best hot chocolate ever.
The atmosphere is nice, not so much space between the tables, we had a stroller so we were in a tight spot.

1 Thank Travellers C
Ann Arbor
“Great cannoli but you have to eat it outside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was another stop on our foodie walking tour of Manhattan. I have never seen such a selection of cannoli and other sweet treats. The filling was really fresh and not heavy. The only thing was that we had eaten so much at other stops that day, that I really couldn't indulge too much here.

The one thing we did not like was that we were not allowed to sit down to eat the cannoli that we had just purchased. All of their tables were reserved for people who wanted to be served for real meals, which we were not interested in. So, we were basically shooed out of the shop after we all bought our treats and had to eat them outside on the sidewalk.

Mansfield, Texas
“Best cannoli EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I thought the cannoli at Ferrara was good... nothing compared to this!! They don't fill it until you order it and that is key to how delicious they are! I went here on a food tour and whenever I go back to NYC and want a cannoli, this is definitely the place I'll go. Great, huge cookies, too. The almond cookie with the chocolate drizzled in the middle was amazing! I will definitely be back next time I'm in the city!

The neighborhood is great, too, with lots of little restaurants and shops so it's a great afternoon trek if you want to get out of the crazy tourist areas!

1 Thank Carroll B