“Sweet, sweet, sweet............”

Ranked #22 of 391 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Rocco's Pastry & Espresso Café is now Pasticceria Rocco - Same family, same great authentic pastries! Come in and indulge in sweet tradition.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Enjoyed looking at the grand selection of cookies and pastries displayed by this Village icon and finally picking out a couple of huge cookies and drinks. We enjoyed them in Father Domo park, just a few steps from the shop. A definite "must stop and sample" sweet shop.

There are newer reviews for Pasticceria Rocco

Reviewed April 3, 2013

what a great selection of treats. I wanted to try everything they had. As we had had lunch before, we shared a big cookie and I drank a hot chocolate, definitely the best hot chocolate ever.
The atmosphere is nice, not so much space between the tables, we had a stroller so we were in a tight spot.

1  Thank Travellers C
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was another stop on our foodie walking tour of Manhattan. I have never seen such a selection of cannoli and other sweet treats. The filling was really fresh and not heavy. The only thing was that we had eaten so much at other stops that day, that I really couldn't indulge too much here.

The one thing we did not like was that we were not allowed to sit down to eat the cannoli that we had just purchased. All of their tables were reserved for people who wanted to be served for real meals, which we were not interested in. So, we were basically shooed out of the shop after we all bought our treats and had to eat them outside on the sidewalk.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I thought the cannoli at Ferrara was good... nothing compared to this!! They don't fill it until you order it and that is key to how delicious they are! I went here on a food tour and whenever I go back to NYC and want a cannoli, this is definitely the place I'll go. Great, huge cookies, too. The almond cookie with the chocolate drizzled in the middle was amazing! I will definitely be back next time I'm in the city!

The neighborhood is great, too, with lots of little restaurants and shops so it's a great afternoon trek if you want to get out of the crazy tourist areas!

1  Thank Carroll B
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had the famous canolli, specialty coffees and red velvet cheese cake. All were good, but nothing special. The service was middling at best. Curt.