“OMG!!!! Yumminess!!!”

Ranked #14 of 398 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West Village
Description: Rocco's Pastry & Espresso Café is now Pasticceria Rocco - Same family, same great authentic pastries! Come in and indulge in sweet tradition.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rocco's is the best. We had a fruit -like cream puff yesterday that was so delicious we were fighting for the last bite! Everything is so fresh and incredible. We usually stop in Roccos whenever we're in the city....well, most of the time, we go to the city to satisfy a Rocco's craving. It's the best bakery in the city.

1  Thank RuthPatterson

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Yum - I had the tiramisu and my daughter the fruitta do bosco. Both excellent. But the sugar free skinny hazelnut latte was sickeningly sweet, would not recommend.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Try the cannoli, they have so much to choose from, but don't overlook the cannoli! We also had the fruit tarts, which were great too, but we came back for the cannoli. Seriously, everything looked amazing!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I never really understood what all the hype was about cannolis before, these cream filled rolls piled up in sunny windows in touristy cafeterias. I have had cannolis before, but every time I have been disappointed, so I feel that it is fair to say that I have never had real cannolis before--not until now.

I work a lot in the Village and I have passed in front of this Italian pastry shop countless times, and never ventured in, not until a couple of days ago, when I went on a neighborhood walking tour with Lina Viviano (Gotham Walking Tours) and we stopped at Pasticceria Rocco.

As per Lina's recommendation I ordered the pistachio version, traditional Sicilian. ...and, wow, this is what a cannoli is supposed to taste like! Not too sweet, crispy, crunchy, creamy, filled as you order....just heaven! And the perfect size!

I will absolutely come back, maybe even bring my clients (I'm a real estate professional) here. Next time I will have a chocolate cannoli, and maybe, just maybe, I'll also try one of these pretty lemony things they have in the window...

1  Thank FilippaEdbergManuel
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Coming through Bleecker st. and somebody mentioned Rocco´s. so we decided to stop for a gelato and dessert. Had lemon gelato with was great, specially since it was hot and we had been coming from High Line Park (don´t miss that). My girl asked for a chocolate mouse cake... I think we die right there... like going to heaven on Bleecker st. Somebody had recommended La Bella Ferrer on Little Italy but this was definitely MUCH better, so if you´re in the neighborhood don´t miss it.