“Good taste but a bit pricy”
Review of Shinbashi

Shinbashi
Reserve with OpenTable
Shinbashi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,248 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th & Madison Avenue
Transit: 6- 51st Street at Lexington B/D/F/V- 47-50 Streets Rockefeller Center N/R/W- 49th Street at 7th Avenue
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good taste but a bit pricy”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Good taste but a bit pricy

new york city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“spilled hot green tea on customer”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Waiter spilled an incredibly hot green tea on my wife and just said I am sorry just like a machine. A woman in charge of the restaurant came to me and say "I am sorry" just like a machine again. I have never had such an awful attitude from staff in NY city. As Japanese I can never recommend this Japanese restaurant to any people in the world. I have to take my wife to the hospital and I am very sad about their shabby common sense.

1 Thank nevergetthere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Jono and Em found this place while we were visiting them in NYC. Excellent food - highly recommend the Shabu Shabu...”
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Jono and Em found this place while we were visiting them in NYC. Excellent food - highly recommend the Shabu Shabu. Good selection of Sake as well - and very attentive staff.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Umami abounds... excellent sushi a la carte and unusual menu items like the wild mushroom soup don't disappoint either.”
Reviewed January 16, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“another midtown contemporary sushi spot that's cute and conveniently underneath my office! will it survive as the...”
Reviewed January 16, 2008

another midtown contemporary sushi spot that's cute and conveniently underneath my office! will it survive as the hostess and sushi chefs look longingly outside?