“Delicious. Great for a quick lunch. ”

Sullivan Street Bakery
Ranked #60 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Portage, Michigan
“Delicious. Great for a quick lunch. ”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here walking back from a tour in the Intrepid and we wee greeted at the door by Jim Leahy, the owner. Jim is famous for his no knead bread recipe. He has been featured in numerous food magazines including Gourmet and Bon Appetit. He was really welcoming and spent time explaining what had changed since we were there two years ago. He has a new Czech built oven that is environmentally efficient. My family and me lived our lunch! We all ordered different things and they were awesome. My pancetta and mango panino was fabulous.

There is just a small counter in front of the window. Most everything is easy to grab and eat on the go.

While we were there, they brought out a new Bianca and it looked incredible. They use the authentic way to cut it--scissors.

Stop here for lunch. To will not regret it!

1 Thank RNP1969

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Happy 20th Birthday!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Proven bakery and superb quality. Twenty years of service and baking excellent goods. Wishing you many more. Stop by and enjoy any of their Canottos made with mascarpone.

Boulder, Colorado
“West Side Treasure”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I live in the area so it's easy to get to - but it's worth making the trek across town to get a delicious bready carby wonder if you are in the mood (or have a cheat day). I love the flour less chocolate cookies - could easily eat 10 of those but limit myself to 2. They are small but do the job!

It's expensive though so be prepared to spend

Visited March 2014
miami
“Oldie but Goodie”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

An oldie but goodie. Great pastries. The chocolate almond croissant was to die for. Definitley worth it.

Visited February 2014
“Unexpected pleasure - great Italian mini cakes”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I was in NYC to see a play and wanted coffee and dessert afterward in the theatre district. I used trip advisor and found this spot. I was delightfully surprised. It is very small but does have seats. I had a lemon cranberry iced mini cake and French press coffee. The cake was excellent. Moist and flavorful but not overly sweet. I ate half and saved half for later. My friend got a ginger cake and loved it as well- there was none left of hers for later. Yum!