“great, great sushi.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Unfortunately we were not able to sit at the bar as our hotel concierge recommended.
At the bar the chef makes special dishes, may be next time. The lunch was really of a excellent quality. My benchmark is the okura hotel in Amsterdam.This was even better. The otorro and chew torro nigiri were perfect. Excellent bluefin tuna. Most shocking was the nigiri with raw gamba. Irresistable. Fish of an outstanding quality. Prices are acceptable according to the quality you get. My new BENCHMARK!!!!!
Rice of an excellent quality, may be a little warmer.

Very good lunch, affordable.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Sushi Ann is a long-time fixture in New York, lately during two visits about four months apart we felt it was slipping. Sushi did not seem as fresh as the high-ish prices lead us to expect, also was not cold. One of us ordered the "cooked" sushi, that was a mistake. Sushi-Ann needs a redo with a top sushi master who insists on the best.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Great waiter. Salmon skin salad was in need of dressing. Uni was old and the hand rolls were tiny. The fish was otherwise good on the sashimi platter. Good saki selection.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I visited recently wit ha couple of friends - had never been before, even though the place has been around forever!

I think it was good, but not great - it is a quiet place, the service is fine (not great

The sushi (all we ate) was good - some interesting twists (nothing crazy, just slightly different rolls, etc...) and we enjoyed our meal

i think the plating stood out as superior, but that is not something that I get impressed wit h(unless it is a fancy dinner that I ma catering, etc)

I have no issue with this place and would readily go again, but I would seek out others before going here

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Worth looking for!
Excellent and fresh sushis and sashimis!
If you do not like raw fish, choose the salmon.
Expansive!