“Good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Taormina of Mulberry St - CLOSED

Taormina of Mulberry St
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
“Good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stop in this restaurant because we want to speak Italian with the all the staff ... The food was great but need perhaps more olive oil ... Reasonable price and Italian speaking , we enjoyed this lunch

Visited April 2014

Providence, Rhode Island
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat in little Italy since we were there and didn't check any reviews. Big mistake. This place seemed OK from outside but as soon as I visited the bathroom I knew we were in trouble. No soap. Huge puddle on the floor besides a man came out of the ladies room.... we ordered bruschetta and a Caesar to start. Nothing special.there and the bruschetta didn't even have a dressing on it. How lame. I could make better. So I ordered pasta because the pasta category heading read "fresh homemade pasta". I found myself eating a lb of tasteless dry box pasta thats wAs supposed to b in a garlic evoo sauce. Well they forgot the garlic and the sauce for that matter. Since i knew i was paying big for this meal i asked why he pasta wasnt fresh and all the chef could come up with is " thats what we r serving now and the only fresh pasta they actually hod was gnocci". So for the first time in my life, I sent my meal back and got gnocci in a cream sauce suitable for Mac n cheese. Then to my horror, my son had to go to the bathroom in which my husband had already told me how nasty the men's room was and that it also was out of hand soap. So after my son waited to get in, some man was pounding on the door so he couldn't even finish his business. I come from Providence Ri which is home to a fine hospitality school and large Italian population. As such we have fantastic restaurants every where and a place like this wouldn't last a minute. In little Italy they just don't have to care because the ride on the location attracting tourists. I have had great meals in little Italy, however, but this place is just lousy and disgusting.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rangelar
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Welcome & Lovely Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

On our last day in NY we decided to go to Mulberry Street for lunch. We looked at all our options and decided upon Taormina because of the friendly waiter standing at the door. We were not disappointed, the starters and main courses were cooked well, the house wine was good and the tiramisu was sumptuous. I do not recognise the place visited by the more recent postings we had a fabulous time. The service was great and the staff were all friendly!

• Visited April 2014
Tampa
“Walked into the wrong place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped into this place for lunch last weekend. Our order was for a bolognese and two goats cheese and roasted beet salads. The issues were:
1. We had to ask for bread (menu says it is served with every meal). It was a hard bread that felt as though it had been sitting out too long.
2. The bolognese was fine
3. The waiter brought the wrong salads out. They were missing the beets and had mozzarella instead of goats cheese.
3. We brought this to the attention of the waiter who apologized, took our concern to the chef and returned with a plate of chopped cheese and sliced beets. It was still the wrong cheese (gorgonzola) and the beets were not roasted!
4. Despite our dissatisfaction, they still tacked on a 20% tip! We told them to remove it. If anything, they should have reduced the bill for their repeated screw up.
There are lots of Italian restaurants on Mulberry. We should have chosen another.

• Visited March 2014
Loughton, United Kingdom
“not great but nothing wrong.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We enjoyed our meal here, the service was good and the the portions were fine. It was a little expensive but I suspect we were paying for the location.

• Visited January 2014