“Awful!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Taormina of Mulberry St - CLOSED

Taormina of Mulberry St
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Awful!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

You can eat well in many places in Little Italy but not here.
This kip displays all of the worst aspects of a tourist rip off.
Our visit in mid August was brief and memorable for all the wrong reasons.... filthy toilets, sloppy and badly presented food ( the seafood risotto was particularly dire, closely followed by one of the worst pizzas my son has had the misfortune to eat.). the glasses and table ware had been given a hasty run under a running tap, which does not pass for a wash!
It was not cheap and did not pretend to be so
To add insult to outrage they added 20% tip for nonexistent service.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food, overpriced wine, terrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stumbled on this place in Little Italy, but I wish we carried on walking. The food was okay, but the service was terrible. My family and I went on a Wednesday night, around 8.30pm. It was not that busy. The bottle of wine was $36 and my pasta dish was around $15. The waiter was initially friendly but soon became obnoxious. He kept hovering around us. When I poured the last of the wine into the glass he quickly fetched the bottle and remarked "yes yes it's empty", after I shook the last bit into the glass. As soon as half the group finished eating he asked if it was okay to clear the table. Before anyone could object he started to clear it. I felt this was extremely rude, since people were still eating. I was last to eat. When he quickly cleared my plate I asked if they were closing but he said No. I informed him that he seemed to be in a rush to clear up as quickly as possible for some reason. My group of 5 were not loud or rude, so I knew he wasn't trying to get rid of us because of our behaviour. We asked for the bill and he continued to stand over us as we discussed who was paying (we all wanted to pay, being family, so this went on a little). He then told me that he gave us a discount on the 1 bottle of wine, from $45 to $35. I pointed out to him that we had the $36 bottle! Basically, if it wasn't for him I would have enjoyed the dinning experience a million times more.

Sandston, Virginia, United States
“OMG - Horrible Place!! Don't eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place was so far from authentic Italian. The food was horrible, we actually had to send ours back it tasted so bad. Nothing we ate was much better. Service was bad, prices were high, bad bad disgusting food.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disgusting place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went with my wife for dinner. the wine served in a dirty lipsticked glass,the bread very crispy,the ravioli pre-cooked,the mushrooms not fresh.The ambient was very noisy,The server was a bus boy,a soft of manager give us a discount for the food, but they included tips on bill.Never come back, the food was untouched!Fist time in my life that I leave a restaurant angry!

• Visited July 2013
“Disgusting Place!never come back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Never come back! I went this week-end with my girlfriend in Little Italy.We were very angry walking in Mulberry St. We saw Taormina.After 20 minutes we were seat finally a server arrived. The music was a radio station,the server didn't speak English,we have order a peroni beer,It was hot and my girlfriend a Nero d'avola,it was acid. The pasta spaghetti meatball was not fresh and the salmon was not well done and fresh!! After 1 hour and half, the bill is arrived, they have included Tips on it!like 21%!it's illegal in NYC!I was very sad
Dirty place,no qualified staff, no quality food and wine..