Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Ranked #629 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. - Ronnie Dragoon - Owner.
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The food wasn't bad, but the service was AWFUL. The server never came by to ask us if everything was satisfactory. We asked for a recommendation and he gave us a snooty answer.

There are newer reviews for Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers

Reviewed May 17, 2010

i always wanted to try a New York deli and after watching an advertisement on the hotel TV i decided to go to Ben Kosher Deli, i knew something was up when we entered and it was empty at lunchtime should have walked back out, all i can say was the whole experience was terrible the food was enomous but expensive so myself and my wife decided to share which they wanted to charge $3.50 for an extra fork!! We had the pastrami on rye and it was disgusting the pastrami was all grissle and fat with two tiny pieces of bread and very poor water downed coleslaw, so not eating very much decided to have a piece of cheesecake, this was again enomous and expensive about $9.00 a slice and it was totally tastless, my wife being a cheesecake fanatic said it was the worst she had ever had. So to summarise if you want the New York deli experience avoid Ben Kosher's !

Reviewed January 2, 2010

12-20-09, first time here because of the reviews at trip advisor, once again, not sorry. Had the tongue for the first time, waitress was wonderful and not condescending when asking if i wanted it hot or cold, most of the time it is cold. Take it easy on the ordering since you get a lot of food.....

Reviewed November 26, 2009

November 2009. We tried Ben's Kosher Deli on W 38th street after eating at Katz's in the Lower East Side; Carnegie on 7th and Roxie on Broadway. Ben's is less hectic atmosphere then these other deli's. The hot pastrami is very good but their beef sand is excellent! Their hamburger and salad were good too. Service was very good. We recommend this eating establishment.

2  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We loved the food here - very very tasty, and plenty of it! Definitely value for money.