“Very Good Deli & Service at Ben's Deli”

Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Ranked #686 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. - Ronnie Dragoon - Owner.
Sacramento Valley
“Very Good Deli & Service at Ben's Deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

November 2009. We tried Ben's Kosher Deli on W 38th street after eating at Katz's in the Lower East Side; Carnegie on 7th and Roxie on Broadway. Ben's is less hectic atmosphere then these other deli's. The hot pastrami is very good but their beef sand is excellent! Their hamburger and salad were good too. Service was very good. We recommend this eating establishment.

2 Thank SeminarTrekker

Sydney
“Value for money & the food's great too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

We loved the food here - very very tasty, and plenty of it! Definitely value for money.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wow. The Tradition of the Delicatessen would seem to have its limits, or so I thought. Goyem beware: you are in for a...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

Wow. The Tradition of the Delicatessen would seem to have its limits, or so I thought. Goyem beware: you are in for a treat! This is far beyond a liverwurst sandwich picked from a glass case. Bring your appitite, and don't fill up on the Pickles and Coleslaw (although you will be tempted to) This is a full-on resturant experience in a casual, friendly environment. The Corned beef is magnificent and the Matza Ball soup is somehow even better. bring a large group if you want. I saw them take on a walk-in group of 50 with aplomb and grace.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The hot pastrami sandwich is delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

The hot pastrami sandwich is delicious!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newtown, PA
“Kosher Opinion from a Gentile...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2008

Excellent food! Loved everything about it and would certainly go back. The mushroom barley soup was superb and the pastrami sandwich was great.

I did notice that they appear to "recycle" the pickles on the table. Can't confirm, but it looked that way when the busboy was cleaning the table while we got our coats. Not sure if that's kosher...Luckily I don't like pickles.