“A nice homey meal”

Ranked #618 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. - Ronnie Dragoon - Owner.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had tried Ben's on Long island, liked it, so I thought I'd give a different NYC kosher deli (ie, Ben's in NYC) a try. It was good, though not overwhelmingly so. The food was very tasty, though not that memorable. I lucked out -- they were serving split pea soup that day, which I love, but though it was tasty, I've had better in NY. The service was banal, and I had to wait what seemed like a long time before I met my server, and it wasn't even busy in the restaurant -- just a few tables occupied. As opposed to some delis where one gets a huge overstuffed sandwich, this place had a much more modest serving portion -- probably better for my health, but a bit of a let-down nonetheless. The sides were okay, the atmosphere bland. I love deli and would probably go back if in the neighborhood, but other kosher delis would be my first pick.

There are newer reviews for Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have been to Bens a few times now and have always enjoyed it. As soon as you sit down they bring pickles and coleslaw. The sandwiches are large so we usually share one and have it with a Dr Browns cream soda. Delicious!

There is construction in front of the restaurant but it is still open. Veryconvenient location to Times Square.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

after flying into NYC and finally making it to our hotel, we needed a fast, good meal--and we found it at Ben's. It was only a couple of blocks from our hotel. We were seated immediately--because there is plenty of space. They took care of our drinks, brought us some pickles. So we were settled while we tried to decide what to eat.

If I have any complaint at all, it's how "big" everything was. The menu is huge--to the point of exhausting. So many choices were dazzling. And the portion sizes? Also huge. I'm sure that this wouldn't be a complaint for most people--but I simply couldn't finish my lunch.

So, great (big) meal, quick service, reasonably priced for NYC.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

When you think of a busy NYC deli this is it. Great sandwiches, piled high and wonderful egg salad with a generous serving. Our service was on time and friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great spot.Best corned beef and pastrami. Prices were decent for that location and portions were great.Service was friendly and nice cozy atmosphere.

1  Thank giabee