Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Reserve with OpenTable
Ben's Kosher Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,299 of 14,592 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. - Ronnie Dragoon - Owner.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The restaurant is clean, comfortable and presents well. The food, however, was just average. I had the gefiltefish platter. The gefiltefish was right out of the jar, with the jelly still on it with the machine produced shape. Definitely not made in house, which is a disappointment for a NY deli. It was edible.

There is a Kosher certification on the wall, however, the waitress said that they are open Saturday. I am not quite certain how they reconcile that.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our tour group ate here and the food was delicious. We had good service also and would definitely return. Our tour guide who is a native New Yorker said the pastrami is the best. I tasted the turkey and the beef brisket and they were both good. The slaw was so good I asked for the recipe.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I try to eat at places / food we don't have near our home and Ben's does this for us. Our party of seven orders included omelets, rib eye steak, salad, pastrami and vegi burger. The food was very good with good sized portions. Our waiter, John M, was fast and efficient. A good happy hour for cocktails. Very nice change of pace.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our meal here. Its a little piece of calm in the city. don't let the word 'delicatessen' put you off - its a classy, clean mid size restaurant with a deli feel to it. the service was great and all out meals were perfect. Prices are very reasonable and check out happy hour too.
a little gem.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was searching for Stage Deli (which is also good), and asked a mail carrier for directions. He pointed me to Bens and I'm thankful he did. Had great pastrami and corned beef sandwiches! Roasted turkey sandwich and mahtza ball soup were also quite good. This place is the real deal! Enjo!