“good diner food!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 16th Street
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in the mood for a good diner breakfast and this did not disappoint. We seemed to luck out timewise, too, because I understand there was a wait for tables both before and after we arrived, but we had no trouble getting a table. Half of the room is set up as a bar and the other half as a diner, all done somewhat in art deco. Right on Union Square. Good service, great coffee. Will go back for the outdoor tables in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Met for a quick business meeting this week at The Coffee Shop on Union Square. I was impressed by the unique menu and wide variety of drinks - most items were brimming with a Brazilian influence.

The host and waitress were brusque at best, but our order was correct when it arrived at the table. There were so many great food options that the lack of service won't keep me from going back, but I would definitely not go there when I am in a time crunch!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been going here for over a decade and it's pretty much the same - decent food, crazy crowd if you dare go during weekend brunch hours, and almost a guaranteed celeb sighting. Most of the staff is an aspiring something, so not the best waitstaff, but not the worst I've seen. Staples on the menu are always consistent and their fries (with oregano) are always great. And if you've never been, it's not "a" coffee shop, it's "THE" Coffee Shop - there's a difference - don't be deceived by the name.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a friend that worked there! The waitress have a lot of NY atittude, always in a rush, very snob, plus they have some tables in front of the restaurant call beauty section! The hostess can only seat beautiful and young people. Family, ugly people, old people, can hardly have a seat there! What kind of place is this???

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Out of hunger and urge to have outside view, I stopped by the Coffee Shop. Staff there are not friendly but bit snobbish and not paying so much attention to customers.

I had burger and coffee for quick lunch. Patty was good but bum was too basic and tasteless. Fries looked too dry. They charge about 12 dollars for this burger which is too much.

Good place for drinks but not for burger. Staff can be bit friendlier. For he sake of location, it is a place to be.

1  Thank Normadroaming