“Ok food during the storm. Overpriced”
Review of King Cole Bar

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 55th Street and 5th Avenue
Transit: 4-5-6 train at 59th street or 6 train at 51st street.
Description: This fashionable restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner under exquisite raised ceilings. THE VAULT features Maxfield Parrish's masterpiece and The King Cole mural.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had dinner there during the storm. Staff was running short but service was still excellent. However I had soup and salad that cost 35 bucks. A bit steep even for St Regis. My soup was nothing spectacular and my salad was definitely NOT spectacular. Bill was 35 without tips. OUCH!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the best place for breakfast without a doubt. Have had a variety of dishes there and they are ALL excellent, but the french toast is special. It comes crusted and crunchy with corn flakes. It has caramelized bananas on the side and a beautiful blob of strawberry butter melting on top !
What more can one want ? It really is worth having, the room is beautiful, the service faultless. Beautiful atmosphere to start the day.....

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The setting is ok, not too crowded. A bit far away from windows, it's a bit dark inside.

Surprisingly, the food was not up to the level expected. Especially, the salmon was very undercooked and had to be sent back to the kitchen.

The service surprised me even more. We asked for pepper, and the waiter was looking for it for some 10 minutes, coming back and gently whining that he could not find it.

May be it was a wrong day, but things clearly did not work

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Highly recommended place for a relaxed breakfast when in town. Very professional service, nice stylish athmosphere. Food of high quality, setting you up for the day.
Whereby I went with my partner numerous times, its a great place as well for business breakfasts.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My daughter and I -- in our comparisons of high teas around the world - decided to try the St. Regis' Astor Court having read so many wonderful things about it - and having recently had a fantastic experience at the high tea at the Pierre. We were incredibly disappointed. We suggested to the waiter that we generally share one tea set and he insisted that it would be too small. It wasn't and we ended up taking half of the second set home. Which would have been marginally fine had the rest of the experience been stellar. But it wasn't. I ordered a champagne tea set and the champagne was flat -- as opposed to the Pierre where I was given my own individual bottle. The waiter's description of the teas available was unappetizing at best. His recourse was constantly to "this is very popular." The sandwiches were large - which is nice if you are looking for size - but at the Pierre - where they are tiny - they were bursts of fabulous flavor -- and much more appreciated. The attitude of the servers at the St. Regis was condescending - as if they barely needed to take care of the "tourists," (which btw, we are not) whereas at the Pierre, special attention was paid to everyone. And although the St. Regis is a beautiful hotel, the tea salon is extremely cramped, whereas at the Plaza is it spacious. Simply a word to the wise so that you won't end up disappointed.