TripAdvisor

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kips Bay
Cross street: a 23rd Street and FDR Drive, just north of Waterside Plaza and south of 3
Transit: 6 Train to 33rd Street. Walk across 34th Street to the East River (15-20 minutes) Walk South along the river to about 30th St. Pass the heliport and past the parking lot. Or take the M34 crosstown bus to the last stop at the east river. Walk South along the river to the restaurant.
Description: The Water Club offers classic American cuisine of the highest caliber, specializing in seafood, and breathtaking views of Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Queensboro Bridge. In the summer, join us at our rooftop bar, The Crow's Nest.
Reviewed September 14, 2019

Long Island City and the bridges never looked lovelier-it’s too bad I can’t say that about the food and service . My husband and I attended an event with friends and after having cocktails entered a room with tables beautifully adorned with exquisite tablecloths , flowers, napkins and the aforementioned great view. Now as to the food - I have never been given such an uneatable steak in a restaurant. I tried two bites but both were grisly, fatty and tough. My husband’s and friend’s steak were the same.the steak was accompanied by an undefinable wedge of something best defined as a greasy mishmash. Perhaps, if the service was good the poor quality of the food wouldn’t have bothered me as much. The waiters were requested to wait a minute so a decision could be made on the entree. This request was ignored. Steak knives were brought well after we had begun to eat. My salad was placed on top of my menu. One of the waiters almost hit me in the head in his haste to serve. There was no such thing as an assigned waiter -I never knew who was serving us-nothing personal or gracious here.
After all is said-a pretty view.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

The water club is nice, relaxing and fun. Service is great. A lot of nice restaurants right on location, but no beach. Really nice place to hang out. The boardwalk ha the beach and the bums remember that.

Still the classiest place in town...

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

I Have been there for a few occasions. My wife loves to visit for our anniversaries.
great food and amazing desserts.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019

Location is great with valet parking. Service is very good and food is very tasty. If you get lobster they will take it out of shell for you.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We ate at The Water Club as part of a group of 60+ people. Size was not an issue as there was ample room to walk around initially before we were seated. Once seated, there was no water sensation that could be detected (the Club is located on a docked barge on the East River).

The views were beautiful - and matched by the ample and delicious food that was served.

Can't wait to return for a romantic dinner - just with my husband next time.

Date of visit: April 2019