TripAdvisor
New York City
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great views excellent food”
Review of The Water Club

The Water Club
Ranked #1,994 of 16,843 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kips Bay
Cross street: a 23rd Street and FDR Drive, just north of Waterside Plaza and south of 3
Transit: 6 Train to 33rd Street. Walk across 34th Street to the East River (15-20 minutes) Walk South along the river to about 30th St. Pass the heliport and past the parking lot. Or take the M34 crosstown bus to the last stop at the east river. Walk South along the river to the restaurant.
Description: The Water Club offers classic American cuisine of the highest caliber, specializing in seafood, and breathtaking views of Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Queensboro Bridge. In the summer, join us at our rooftop bar, The Crow's Nest.
Reviewed August 11, 2016

This year I was fortunate to spend some time at the Water Club. The barmaid was very helpful and was willing to enter into conversation, I can't remember her name but I do remember that she comes from Poland.
Dan Sweeny, the maître d', was brilliant. He found us a window table with an amazing view.
The food was excellent.
We visited during restaurant week and thought the price was very reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Though not by the sea, the Water Club does offer great water views up and down the a East River. Both outside on the open air deck, as well as within the plush interior, it is relaxing to watch the marine traffic (ferries, tugs, pleasure craft) on the water. But it's more than the view. Everyone was very pleased with dinner. The oysters were sweet and salty and entres (especially the Bronzino ) were prepared and presented to perfection. Servicevthroughout was first rate.This was a first visit (following a matinee) and worked out perfectly in synch with the nearby Sea Streak ferry. Would definitely do this again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Very nice place with a incredible view to the river. The food is delicious, I recomend the lobster raviolis.

I went there with my family and it was great, but it seemed to me the perfect place for couples. It is incredibly romantic, the second floor is beautiful.

However, it is very "gourmet". If you like to eat a lot, these plates may not be right for you.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

A great, old fashioned style restaurant serving great food and with good service. The views are outstanding and we were given a table facing the window so we didn't have to keep turning our heads to look outside. It's right down at the east river heliport so you get to see all kinds of activity along that section of the river. I had the lobster ravioli and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

We visited the water club after our reservation at the loeb boathouse was cancelled due to a private event. I'm so happy we ended up at the water club because they made us feel at home especially Justina. Customer service and her level of professionalism is exceptional. I also want to thank the entire team especially Justina for the special champagne. U made us feel special and we will also come to the water club and recommend it to all our love once.

Date of visit: July 2016