“Good experience”

Ariana Afghan Kabab Restaurant
Ranked #1,591 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Chicago, Illinois
“Good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This restaurant is easy to miss, but make it a point to seek it out.   It offers well-prepared and nicely presented Afghani cuisine.   It is family run and seats only about 40 people.   We started with their samusas  - my friend had the beef and I had the spinach. They are the same price, but the beef are twice as large.  For the main dish, my friend had the lamb and I had chicken with their “special” rice which is flavored with carrots, raisons and nuts.  Portions were nice size.  Of special note, if one of the owners turns just so, and the light isn’t too bright, he looks  like George Clooney.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Esther P

• Arabic first
New York City, New York
“Great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This tiny place had great food for very good prices - it was a terrific value. I highly recommend the pumpkin appetizer and the Ariana Kebab entree. Be prepared to pay in cash in case the credit card machine isn't working.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JYC666
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Small place ------ Big taste!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My son chose this restaurant, and I went along, although I'm not much for experimenting with foods of different cultures. Wow! I may not know exactly what I had, but it was fresh and flavorful, and I just wanted to keep eating, even after I was full. There was this great pumpkin appetizer and a wonderful chicken and rice dish. I WILL return to this restaurant.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank joannb1989
Middle of Nowhere, Germany
“Yummy shish kebabs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Lovely place with great food and reasonable prices - close to Broadway theatres - it was our ouverture to the theatre dinner and we were really glad we went there - we got a table straight away (although as we were leaving it was completely full), and shortly after we ordered we were already enjoying our yummy kebabs :) Warmly recommend to everyone!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dolce-Estragon
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Tiny spot, excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

There is nothing BAD on this menu.....delicious food in a tiny spot. Had a wonderful time.