“made us food off the menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 2 West

2 West
Reserve with OpenTable
2 West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,413 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery Park Place
Transit: 4,5 trains to Bowling Green R,1,9 trains to Rector Street
Description: 2WEST is a modern American bistro featuring expertly and simply prepared dishes. The menu is highlighted by an array of flavorful and classic comfort foods including: lobster bisque, croque monsieur, Nova Scotia organically-fed salmon, oven-roasted free-range chicken and wild mushroom risotto. Restaurant Chef Michael Grau uses fresh regional ingredients to accent the menu and award-winning pastry chef Laurent Richard creates tempting and delicious desserts. 2WEST has a spacious and elegant atmosphere with large floor to ceiling windows.
Pittston, PA
“made us food off the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The restaurant was very good, the service was impeccable. the food we ordered was not on the menu, (with the exception of my 6 year olds chicken and fries which were awesome), everything was a great experience. To nitpick the bottled water selection was weak (Fiji only) and it was very expensive. Even for a Ritz Carlton.

Overall though very good food, we ate there several times and certainly will again.

Visited March 2013

Lynbrook, New York
“Yummy, staying at Ritz or not try this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were staying here so we ate here twice. Once for a late lunch. The next day for Brunch. The food is a wow. And the service is quiet yet attentive. There weren't many people here on a Friday afternoon or Saturday at lunch.

You must try the fries with parmesan and truffle oil. Addictive.
And the ahi tuna with avocado? OMG
eggs benedict? Simple, yet experctly done.
salad with grilled chicken? perfect

wish they had more wines by the glass, but it was all delish and we would go back again

one more wish: this has nothing to do with the restaurant itself: I am not sure why, when building this hotel, they could not try to configure the bar and restaurant to face the amazing view just outside. Our room had a view of the statue of liberty. I am not sure if we would have gone anywhere else that weekend if this restaurant had the same view

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“A Work in Progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great service (ask for Rocco) and good food. The menu has been limited to a handful of choices but they are tasty! Great crab cake appetizer. It is a shame that Rise is no longer available as a bar with a great view.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
maryland
“Why Ritz, Why?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Food is only average...seems to be my vast experience at most Ritz's...don't know why they can't step it up and rise to their high standards.

Visited October 2012
London, England
“The room lets down the good food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went here because usually the Ritz Carlton is somewhere special and that’s what I was expecting. The property at Battery Park is modern and looks like a regular hotel. I was expecting something like their property up on Park Lane something really special. The restaurant is as drab as the hotel. There’s a main room which is far too dark and then a room in a sort of conservatory. This was better. The restaurant was almost empty at 2pm on a Friday which I was surprised about. The chairs are too low for the tables so I immediately felt uncomfortable. Staff were milling around looking for something to do but were attentive and polite. They took the order for all three courses at once, that bugged me as I felt rushed. I really enjoyed the food, it came out quickly and was of excellent quality. The waiter explained to me that my dessert, a pancetta was like a creamy yoghurt. I didn’t ask him to provide this information but that said it all about the clientele they must get in there. Whilst I was impressed with the food, the ambience and the room were DEAD BORING.

• Visited August 2012