“Dinner date- ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emporium Brazil

Emporium Brazil
Ranked #393 of 13,476 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, South American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Brooklyn, New York
“Dinner date- ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Saturday night. We were approached by a lovely man and a f we other pleasant servers. First impression matters...

Ordered cheese empanada which was delicious. The cheese was so tasty and high quality. Also ordered the fried cod croquette- very interesting indeed.

Dishes- steak with egg on top and pan seared shrimp with chayote (a vegetable- cucumber/melon like)- both amazing dishes, but somewhat small. No leftovers is what in saying. We finished both dishes and we were full but they could have been a bit bigger. Prices are reasonable.

Desert- home made flan, which was OK after the first bite but then started to taste odd.

Will definitely be going back, though. Service and food ultimately delicious.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Mosqueca e brigadeiro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

It was midweek and I visited them for dinner.
The staff is very friendly, and included a native born Brazilian, who helped me to understand the different options
I accepted his suggestion, tried their daily special with Brazilian salad and shrimp stew (Moqueca) on coconut milk and dende oil. My dessert was brigadeiro - a terrific chocolate gooey ball
Do not expect an extraordinary dining experience, but a good Brazilian style cooked meal
I would go back, would like to try their other dishes on my future trips

1 Thank Monica S
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had lunch on this restaurant for a couple of times. The food is amazing, the employees are totally polite, The price is good, the portion of the food is very big. I don't have any complains, since i am a easy going person, i am not picky and boring when i go to a restaurant. I don't understand people who left bad reviews because i didn't see those things happening there.

• Visited August 2013
Chester, Virginia
“Delicious & delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I wandered by on a recent Friday night while on our way to the theatre. We enjoyed a yummy, authentic Brazilian meal. I had the Marascada (seafood stew) which was FILLED with seafood, possibly 3-4 times a normal serving. My daugher had the filet mignon and sliced potatoes and loved it! Both meals came with rice and mine also had black beans. The value was quite great and the food very good. Our server was a young man who, happily, answered our questions about the traditional food and drinks. Wander by...and stop in!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lorrie C
“Good quality Brazilian food with super friendly service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just wandered into this restaurant on a Sunday evening as not many other options were open in the area. Everything we ordered here was very good, including the Creme Brulee. The service was extremely friendly, even to my kids. The prices were reasonable as well for nice sized servings of good quality meat and chicken. I ordered a glass of house chardonnay which was just ok. But, the food and service more than made up for it. All in all, our meal here was a super enjoyable experience. Our meal here was better than the one we had at one of the other Brazilian spots down the street. They are several in the neighborhood..it's worthwhile to seek this one out.

• Visited June 2013