“Great place to stay”
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Solita Soho Hotel
Ranked #368 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel may 17th to 20th and had a wonderful time! Staff was nice and check-in was quick. The location is perfect!!!!!(stay here it's close to everything) But remember, this is New York, so yes there will be some noise from the street.... The cleaning lady was great, left us lots of towels and coffee ( We left her a small tip most days because she was so good) I would stay at this hotel again for sure!!! Loved getting the free paper in the lobby and drinking my coffee while waiting for my friends!!! Oh ya.... the views are great!!! gorgeous buildings all around

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floor, little less noise from the street. Leave a tip for the cleaning lady she...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and share your experience. I have shared your review with the entire staff as a great example of the experience that each of our guests should have. I am delighted you enjoyed the location and the overall atmosphere and service of the hotel. We strive each day to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. We do hope to see you again on your return visit to NYC and again I sincerely thank you for the kind words and great review!

There are newer reviews for Solita Soho Hotel

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice and clean rooms, friendly staff. Checking in was less than 2 min. View of the Empire State building from our room. Chinatown and Little Italy just around the corner. Perfect teenageshopping on Broadway, 2 blocks down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I sincerely thank you for reviewing our hotel and providing such positive remarks. I am glad that your entire experience with us was a good one and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you kindly for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is NOT a "boutique" hotel. It is just a tiny, dark, noisy hotel. It is the smallest hotel room I've ever seen in the U.S. You can hear EVERYTHING in the hallway, including every single time other guests go in and out of their room and use the elevator. I even could hear the cleaning crew sweeping the carpet in the hallway. Not vacuuming - sweeping. There just is no soundproofing. The plumbing is loud, so you can hear water rushing through the pipes when others flush the toilet or take a shower. That's in addition to all of the outside/street noise that other reviewers mention (I can hear people talking on the street and I'm on the 6th floor). Oh, and the only view is of a roof and another building about 20 ft away.

The bathrooms have been renovated, but are small and very basic. The tv is analog with about 10 stations.

The room was not cleaned very well. I noticed a used Kleenex on the floor next to the bed and it did not appear as if the toilet had been cleaned. Ick ick.

The best part of this hotel is the free Internet and the receptionist was polite. Bed was comfortable-enough, but most hotels have ok beds.

It might be a worthy stay if the price were around $200. But at $400 plus, it just is a horrible choice. I will inform my company to take this hotel off the approved list.

Oh, and notice how the manager only responds to the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Tells you something about his attitude.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Theresa B

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not a positive one. We strive each day to provide the best possible service, clean rooms, and a positive experience overall. Obviously we fell short during your stay and again I am very sorry. I try to reach out to each guest that shares their experience with us no matter the outcome. It is absolutely the best tool we have to improve the guest experience and each review is taken very seriously and utilized as a training opportunity for the entire staff. Again I thank you for sharing your experience and I do apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and for the overall experience in general. Have a nice day and we do hope you consider staying with us again in the future to give another chance. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed at the Solita Hotel last week and it was very comfortable, well priced and very well situated being in Little Italy and one block from Broadway. The staff, meaning the young ladies at the front desk, were very helpful and pleasant. The room was clean, modern and had free wifi. The only downfall was the early morning noise from roadwork in front of the hotel. But that should go away shortly. Across the street is a great little coffee shop for breakfast that was cheap and cheerful. I would stay here again for sure. It is not fancy but quite suitable for anyone who is more interested in the sights and sounds of the NY experience than in amenities, and concierges . PS They even arranged for a car to take us back to Laguardia for $38!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that most every aspect of your stay was positive. I do apologize for the construction noise. If we had any control over the situation what so ever we certainly would definitely take action to prevent any disturbance what so ever. The desk associates mentioned were thrilled to be mentioned and to be part of your experience. The whole staff tries hard each day to ensure each guest has the best experience possible when staying with us. We are glad you had a nice stay and please do come back again in the future. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This small boutique hotel is perfect for a quick and easy stay in the city. Rooms are small (more than the city' standards) with no closet but are clean, which is important. No common spaces and noisy. Btw is perfectly located, with many cool spots just 5 mins walking and many train's lines just around the corner. Price is deeply affordable for the service and under the NY's average. If you just need a place where taking a shower and rest for the night this hotel is perfect.

Stayed: April 2013

I would like to thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. We are very happy that we were able to provide a positive experience throughout your stay. I always like to share reviews with the staff as guest feedback is the best tool we have for measuring overall success in all aspects. Anytime someone shares a positive experience it helps to encourage the whole staff and helps us to better understand the needs of each guest. We do hope upon your return to NYC you come back to stay with us again. Thanks again for being our guest!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of Soho within walking distance to great restaurants and bars. The rooms are small but the incredibly comfortable beds make up for it. The dual shower head's in the bath are amazing! We had 3 of us in the room and it was a little tight but like I said everything else made up for it. The french bistro right next to the hotel was very good as well as the coffee shop across the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank adventurerelax

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that the location worked out great for you as well as all the other positive aspects of your stay. Guest feedback is always the best tool not only for training but ensuring each guest has the best possible experience when staying with us. We do hope you return again in the future and we look forward to having you back at anytime. Thanks again for the kind review!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler and work in hospitality. The Solita SoHo is stylish, and comfortable with friendly helpful staff. Shower had great water pressure with large shower head. I got a great rate from Priceline.com too. It is going through some renovatios so I had to enter down a stairs and take a very slow elevator up to the lobby.

Weird factor: Arriving on my floor I see two men in shirts and ties coming out of my assigned room. I asked them if it was their room to which tgey replied ,"no, we were just checking on something." Neither of them identified themselves or said tgey work for the hotel just that construction was happening in room above mine.
View: window is level with lower floor roof which has trash and discarded air filters and a water hose.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Fusedmind

Thank you kindly for submitting a review of our hotel. Guest feedback is the most valuable tool we have for measuring our success in all aspects of our service. I am happy to hear you received excellent customer service from the staff. I would like to apologize however for the confusion regarding the check in process and having workers in your room. We were in the process of completing the renovation during your stay and the construction crew was going in and out of rooms to ensure all last minute details were completed. I apologize if this made you uncomfortable and am sorry you encountered a crew which did not acknowledge or explain the situation. I am happy to say that our renovation has been fully completed and do hope you return in the future and give us another chance to provide you with a better overall experience. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us!