“Worst stay of my LIFE!”

Ranked #353 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Worst stay of my LIFE!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

worst stay of my life, I pre-paid my reservation online the incompetent blonde in the front desk charged my credit card I demanded a refund which took up to 5-7 business days, so I had no money for the rest of my trip, over all the room was small clean nothing special.

Room Tip: comfy beds, nice shower,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank coutureUK
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I am very sorry that your reservation was handled the way that it was. We try to be very careful with pre paid reservations and make a point not to swipe personal credit cards during the check in process. Obviously we fell short with your reservation and I am very sorry that it caused you not to be able to enjoy your experience in NYC. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future please let me know and I will be happ to do so. Again, I sincerely apoligize for the major inconvenience. Thank you again for making us aware!

Kind Regards,

Andrew Brogdon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Awesome location to great shopping on broadway and short walk to lower east side & west village. Right in little Italy/ china town.
Rooms small but very clean new and cosy with everything you need. Price is cheap.

Great little NYC diner across the street with super cheap food.

Trains etc all so close.

• Stayed September 2012
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you kindly for reviewing our hotel. The location is one of the many great things that keep guests returning to our hotel time after time. I am happy to hear we were able to suite your needs and that the newly renovated rooms were cozy and clean throughout your stay. We hope that you return to stay with us and we truly appreciate the great feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Kind Regards,
Andrew Brogdon
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was VERY disappointed with this room and hotel if you call it that. It was way too small - no room to walk or place luggage. There was dust on the window panels; the curtains were VERY MUSKY AND MOLDY. It is also in the china area and is a bad side of town. It was very expensive getting rides to anything and the subway is more than several blocks away. I became VERY ill from the mole and couldn't make it to the subway so we had to pay a lot of money to travel by taxi. The phone in our room didn't work and no one ever bothered to come fix it. Our bathroom tub had plastic wrap around the water spickets and the every door in the hotel slammed when shut. We had to leave after the 2nd night because of the illness. The only two things good - The clerks downstairs were very friendly and the beds were very soft, because there was no where else to sit; but it made me wonder who had slept there before me because I got so sick. THIS RUINED MY WHOLE TRIP. We left there and went to Holiday Inn on 57th Street - much nicer and closer to the good stuff. There is no restaurant or amenities here either.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before checking in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorinet S
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My review is not on the brick and mortar of the hotel but on the helpful staff. This hotel is undergoing a renovation. When I made my reservation I was not aware of this situation. I called the hotel to question the renovation process based on information I had read on Tripadvisor. The hotel staff member (Liz) was very honest about the hotel conditions due to the renovation. Because of the construction I decided to change my reservation. Liz helped me with the process in a quick and efficient manor. I will stay at this hotel after the renovation process is complete and will highly recommend the Solito Soho to all of my friends and business associates. It is not every day that one finds such great customer service and honesty. Therefore, the Solito Soho is worthy of a five star rating!

Room Tip: Wonderful Staff!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I chose this hotel based on location and price and am not disappointed in those respects. On the downside, thei lobby is under construction and loud, windows are drafty and room hard to keep warm. Room very small and elevator is noisy (only 4 rooms per floor and 2 connect to shaft). Service has been good and amenities in room are as published.

• Stayed January 2013
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Room space was smaller than a closet. The noise between trains/ employees who were coughing so loud at 3 am you thought they had TB/ and rickety elevators... Barely got any sleep and for the price it was completely not worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family