“Review on the Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Solita Soho Hotel
Ranked #341 of 478 Hotels in New York City
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Review on the Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My review is not on the brick and mortar of the hotel but on the helpful staff. This hotel is undergoing a renovation. When I made my reservation I was not aware of this situation. I called the hotel to question the renovation process based on information I had read on Tripadvisor. The hotel staff member (Liz) was very honest about the hotel conditions due to the renovation. Because of the construction I decided to change my reservation. Liz helped me with the process in a quick and efficient manor. I will stay at this hotel after the renovation process is complete and will highly recommend the Solito Soho to all of my friends and business associates. It is not every day that one finds such great customer service and honesty. Therefore, the Solito Soho is worthy of a five star rating!

Room Tip: Wonderful Staff!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I chose this hotel based on location and price and am not disappointed in those respects. On the downside, thei lobby is under construction and loud, windows are drafty and room hard to keep warm. Room very small and elevator is noisy (only 4 rooms per floor and 2 connect to shaft). Service has been good and amenities in room are as published.

• Stayed January 2013
Malden, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Room space was smaller than a closet. The noise between trains/ employees who were coughing so loud at 3 am you thought they had TB/ and rickety elevators... Barely got any sleep and for the price it was completely not worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank A P
Tafton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I liked this small boutique hotel. The rooms were clean but a little worn, bathroom large (by NYC standards) and services okay. Quiet is very important to me and the sad thing was I could hear the subway and I was on a high floor. Not so great, especially if you are tired. Also, there was construction across the street and the subway wasn't far but it wasn't convenient. If you are a tourist and you want $$value in a popular downtown location - this hotel will get you there. It's fun for people who like to walk around Soho, shop and look at "locations from their tourist maps." For a former New Yorker like myself - I'm getting weary of crowds that take up the sidewalks....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to have a bed to sleep on and that is about it, you've found your place. The location is good for walking to most places in lower manhattan. I will say though that my stay hasn't been that stellar. The sound of the subway rolling under the building constantly, someone with what sounds like a jackhammer started working immediately at 8am, a broken alarm clock, a shower with dirt in it, a dripping heating unit... Not a place I'd pick for my stays in NYC. (this was given to me by a travel department.). The front desk was not overly welcoming, but efficient. The elevator felt more like a freight elevator. There is a smell of someone smoking coming from my bathroom. probably the vents, but not good.

To end on a positive note, the bed was comfortable and the Internet was fast and free, which is always a surprise at hotels. I'm pretty sure this will be my last stay here if I can control it. But it was inexpensive, so I guess you get what you pay for, especially in NY.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Andrew B, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your experience was not as good as it should have been and the facility did not meet your needs. We apologize for the street noise as the city is currently working on a water project close to the hotel. I apologize and want you to know that your experience was not a typical one. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible service we can. Obviously we fell short during your stay and I sincerely apologize. We are currenlty renovating the hotel and do hope you return in the future and give us another chance to provide you with the level of service that is more our standard. Thanks again for reviewing the property. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid December. The hotel is in a reasonable location for access to subway stations and is within walking distance of Little Italy.

The room was very small for 4 people with not much room to store luggage and move around. The rrom was clean enough but was in need of a good redecoration. The bathroom was a reasonable size and the shower was nice and strong.

The major downfall was how noisy the room was. There was construction work going on outside which started at around 6.30am. Also, even though we were on the 15th floor we could still here people talking out on the street, we heard every car horn and the constant rattle of the subway below. Added to this was an annoying knocking noise in the walls and the grinding of the elevator.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the noise level incurred during your stay. The city is currently working on a project in the street near the hotel. We have been working closely with them to mimimize the general impact and noise as much as possible. We hope that they will complete the project soon so as not to disturb guests. Also your review mentioned the need for the rooms to be re decorated. To our delight the hotel is currently being re decorated from the lobby to all the rooms. We do hope that you will reuturn and give us another chance to provide you with a better stay. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was just passing through for one night. The hotel and room were immaculately clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was prompt. The location was great: 5–10 minutes walk from all the action of SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, and beyond. It was definitely worth the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The aspects highlighted in your review are the expectations we strive each day to provide for all of our guests. We are delighted that we were able to make your stay and enjoyable one. We hope on your return to NYC you choose to stay with us again. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thanks again for the kind words!

Kind Regards,