“AWFUL EXPERIENCE!”

Metamorphosis Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Step off the face of the earth and into your own little piece of heaven at Metamorphosis Day Spa located in New York City, a celestially-inspired sanctuary located in the heart of Manhattan.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can only warn you to AVOID THIS "SPA" at all cost. My good friend gifted me a spa package based on what he read from Google reviews. Sadly, my whole experience was UN-RELAXING and UNPLEASANT. First of all, the staff wasn't friendly or professional. I had scheduled my appointment, and when I arrived the staff didn't know what type of treatments I was receiving based on my packaged gift: I had to explain it to them. I had a body scrub, a massage and a facial, all of which were UNCOMFORTABLE and MESSY. The staff didn't communicate well and was very aggressive and harsh during all the treatments. The whole time I was so uneasy, I couldn't wait for the treatments to be over. To top off a DISAPPOINTING experience, I left the building to look in the mirror and find the staff didn't clean all the facial cleanser off my face. My friend, who gifted me the spa package was so upset at my experience, he called the spa to speak with the owner and discuss a form of reimbursement. After multiple calls, we were never able to get through the the owner. The staff always claimed she wasn't in the spa, but they did get a hold of her to confirm that they can not refund us in any way. You've been warned.

5  Thank s r

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I treated my best friend to a prenatal massage on saturday afternoon. Even though we arrived 18 mins late, the salon accomadated us by shortening the massage time. The waiting room was quaint and they offered lemon infused water and tea. The green tea was from Kirkland which isn't very high end for the price we paid. My BFF said the massage wasn't earth shattering and that the massage didn't target her problem areas. The massuse didn't even ask her where she was expericing pain before the massage. All and all, do your research.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I called to make 5 appointments and the woman who waited on me simply hung up on me before I was done. I called back (and spoke to the receptionist) and explained that I was not done with my appointments. He said the woman who hung up on me would call back. She called back, and when I told her I was canceling the 5 appointments because of the way I was treated, she just hung up. I called back (again) to complain to the manager, and was told that she WAS the manager. They didn't want to give me a cancellation confirmation, but I insisted. Stunning.

7  Thank sci
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Had such a wonderful, relaxing couples massage here. My boyfriend was a first-time massage receiver and he was soo pleased. Liz and David were marvelous, and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 2, 2008

I recently went to Metamorphosis for the first time. I went because of the research I did on this site (tripadvisor), I was impressed with the great majority of rave reviews compared to the other places. So I am pleased to say I can add to the majority and feel I MUST comment on a negative review that I just read regarding metamorphosis. I was fortunate enough to have my appointment at metamorphosis and I don't know what that person is talking about! It's great place, nice staff, I had a great facial and massage. The place is a little small no locker rooms but other then that I had a great experience.

2  Thank stacywildwood