“Great, er, bread.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nolita
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Met a friend here for a late afternoon snack on a Monday. Food was good - large portions meant appetizers were more than enough. As with the name, the bread was great. The strawberry lemonade was lovely. Service was a bit off - seemed a bit money grabbing given the original request whether we wanted change (which would have meant a 35% tip) and then a long delay (10 mins) in getting the change. It's a minor detail but slightly soured the end of our visit. Plenty of seats in different locations inc bar, window and back. I'd probably still go back if I was in the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food was awesome, reasonably priced, very friendly service and comfortable atmosphere. This place will definitely be one of the places I dine every time I visit NY.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I headed to Little Italy in search of some real Italian food. We found this little place and, though it was not even noon on a weekday, they were busy. We got a seat quickly, but there weren't many empty seats, at least in the front seating area. She ordered lasagna w/bolognese sauce and I got the prosciutto de parma sandwich. Both were GREAT. The sandwich... plenty of prosciutto with greens and cherry tomatoes under quite a bit of REAL parmesan (I don't know if they make their own there, if not, they get it very freshly made from somewhere nearby, it was great) all on ciabatta bread... one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. The lasagna was perfect... noodles were firm, plenty of cheese but not too much, and the bolognese had such a wonderful flavor. I guarantee we will return if we ever get to go back to NYC. The price was easily the most reasonable we had in our 8 days there. I'd eat there at least weekly if there was one nearby.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved eating and drinking at Bread. The staff was very friendly, the food was amazing. The atmosphere in and around the restaurant was great. Only negative thing was they asked for a larger tip after we gave a 10%+ tip simply because we didn't have any more cash. I know a 'happy-tip' should be higher, but we had tipped them high before, so I was not really amused by the question.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

If you are in soho and want to eat in a friendly well rounded restaurant or simply have an original espresso!! Here is the place to be, good food and drinks and super cool staff:)