“Finally got to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Carnegie Deli - CLOSED

The Carnegie Deli
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Plano, Texas, USA
“Finally got to go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I will say this place has been on my to do list for many years as a frequent tourist. We just happened to come upon it around 11:30 at night walking around after seeing a show so it was meant to be.

We walked in and were seated right away. It wasn't too crowded so we didn't sit directly next to someone as they have cafeteria style seating.

Now, after reading reviews over the years. I was expecting gruff waitresses and cash only. Neither was the case. Friendly no-nonsense service and they do accept credit cards now.

I did not get the huge sandwich because my friend is vegetarian and I knew she would not help me eat it! I didn't want to waste an animal. So I got the potato pancakes which were the size of my hand and 3 to an order. A bit excessive but it's the experience. We also got the cheesecake because you just have to!

Glad I finally got to go. I may return to get the pastrami sandwich one day!

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
FLORIDA
“BEST REUBEN EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Large portions, and excellent quality food. The best Reuben I've ever eaten! We also had the Potato Pancakes and the Cheesecake. The Cheesecake was also the best I've ever eaten. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Vinalhaven, Maine
“A NYC Institution”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ate here for lunch as one of us had been here before. We knew going in that it was pricey but we also knew the sandwiches would be exceptional. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We had our food in no time. We ordered one Pastrami sandwich, one Corned Beef Sandwich, and a side of Coleslaw. The sandwiches were enormous and wonderful, as was the coleslaw. I would have ordered the delicious looking cheesecake, but I was just too full. I took half my sandwich back to our hotel! To me, if you haven't been there, it is a must; just don't expect it to be cheap, it isn't. It is an institution and a must visit if you have the time and money.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carole M
Atlanta
“Why would anyone want all that meat?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We got the "Woody Allen" which was 1/2 pastrami and 1/2 corned beef. It was quite tasty, but who needs 1lb of meat in one sitting and for $24???We shared ($3 extra charge to share and for extra bread) and still left half of the food on the table. It was fun to say we've been, but probably wouldn't go back.
The service was very good, friendly and efficient.

Visited June 2014
Bucks
“What service?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went to the Carnegie Deli, as the enormous Pastrami sandwich was recommended to my husband.
While I have to agree, it was the biggest sandwich I have ever seen (and to be honest, a pretty disgusting amount of meat) I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
The staff were downright rude, to both me and another couple, and if you dare to share your sandwich-made-for-a-family, they charge you an extra $3!!!!!
My advice - find another restaurant, and enjoy your meal!

• Visited June 2014