“Greasy, crowded, hurried and not that great.”
Review of The Carnegie Deli - CLOSED

The Carnegie Deli
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Greasy, crowded, hurried and not that great.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've eaten at Carnegie's Deli before but I found its been heading downhill steadily. The meat in my sandwich was very greasy, People are shouting orders, clanging of plates, constant hubbub. I felt rushed with the frenetic pace of the place, the restaurant was crazily crowded (waiters going sideways between tables with platters above my head when I was seated).

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I don't like the greasy food, the crowding or felling stressed when I eat.

There must be other authentic deli's in NY that aren't quite this hectic.

• Visited May 2012

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Michigan City, Indiana
“The cheesecake is to die for”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a delightful stop w/my never-been-to-New York adult daughter. We split Matzo ball soup and a pastrami or corned beef sandwich and were stuffed. I was there for the cheesecake, so we got that "to go". The plain cheesecake really delivers. I have also mail ordered their cheesecake as a surprise gift for the very deserving. It arrived as promised and the smallest size was more than enough for four adults. I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2012
Campbelltown, Australia
“For tourists”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I think there are better delis in the area, however this is worth one visit to look at the photos on the walls.

Visited October 2012
Canton (Atlanta), GA
“Rip off”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Sandwiches so big you have to share, but then they charge you $3 per person to share! So much wasted food. Ridiculous. Go right next door and get a regular sandwich.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CJfromGA
San Francisco, California
“Solid”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Always good for a mountain high sandwich. It is fun to discuss with whoever they through at your table. It is ridiculously expensive, but always dependable.

Visited November 2012