“Perfect for quick service”
Review of Ruby Foo's - CLOSED

Ruby Foo's
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 49th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, and A, C & E trains to 50th Street. Bus: M104
Description: Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!
Utica, New York
“Perfect for quick service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a tickets to see a show at 8pm we got in the resturaunt around 7pm. We were seated promptly and order was taken quickly. The server was fantastic! He filled my every need and had a smile of his face the whole time. Sushi was fresh and tasty!

1 Thank Anastasia C
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know about your visit to Ruby Foo's!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the sushi and appreciate your great feedback.

We hope to have you join us again and wish you all the best!

Richmond, Virginia
“Met all of my needs and expectations.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had tickets for two Broadway shows on a Sunday and knew that time would be limited between them as the second show had a 7:00pm curtain time. I wanted someplace that would be nearby and would take a reservation easily for the time I wanted. Ruby Foo's fit the bill.

The restaurant was large and located on Broadway in Times Square and I knew that meant I would not receive the same sort of meal and service I would find at a small place down in Chinatown. I chose other restaurants during my trip for their service or their celebrity chef and amazing food. This was going to be a meal of convienence without having to resort to a ubiquitous chain that also are a part of Times Square.

I was greeted at the door and seated prompty in a raised area overlooking the main dining room of the restaurant and at a window where I could see the crowds passby on the street.

My server was attentive and my drink and food order were taken once I had made a decision after looking over the menu. I love Chinese food, but I've never had Peking Duck. It's always one of those items on the menu you have to order in advance and it feeds a couple of people. I saw it on the menu had to try it. Who know's when you might get the change again. And I got some veggie dumplings as an appetizer.

The appetizer came quickly and the entree followed at the appropriate time. The Peking Duck consisted of a sliced breast and a leg. I would have preferred it not quite so well done but that probably isn't the preference of a majority of people. It was accompanied by pancakes, sauce, and a very nice serving of marinated cucumbers. Putting it all together was easy and tasted very good. I don't know how "authentic" it was but it was enjoyable.

While this restaurant wasn't one of the highlights of my week in New York City, my food was very good and my service was above average and there were no issues during the visit.

It definitely filled the need that I intended.

• Visited April 2014
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know about your visit to Ruby Foo's.

We are glad your experience was enjoyable and we appreciate your feedback.

We hope to have you dine with us again and wish you all the best.

Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Great location with good food and service.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time that we have been here with teenagers. While visiting NYC and Times Square at night, Ruby Foo's puts you in the center of all the action. The food is good, as well as cocktails. The service is excellent and the prices very fair for the neighborhood. There is something for everybody and they will have a great time!

Visited March 2014
BRGuestHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby Foo's, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to Ruby Foo's!

We hope to have you dine with us again and wish you all the best!

New Hampshire
“Great Sushi in the Time Square area”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went here after a Broadway show and had great food and ok service. I've been here in the past and service seems to be hit or miss, but have always enjoyed the food.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know about your visit to Ruby Foo's in Times Square.

It truly means a lot to us to hear from you and we appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the sushi and will definitely pass on your comments regarding the service.

We hope to have you dine with us again and wish you all the best!

New York City, New York, USA
“Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have eaten at Ruby Foo's several times over the past 15 years but at a different location they used to have on the Upper West Side. This visit strengthens the notion that as a local resident never to eat out at Time Square. PF Chang's easily tops this restaurant in both service and food quality. The food was on the expensive side and wasn't all that great. The menu had very little to choose from. I clearly remember that the UWS location was much more exotic in its offerings. Service was poor. Our server was overwhelmed, forgot drinks and orders several times - just inattentive. If I could do two and a half stars I would. - just eeeh! There are much better in NYC to eat at...