“Nice, nothing too special, location was convenient.”
Review of Ruby Foo's - CLOSED

Ruby Foo's
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 49th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, and A, C & E trains to 50th Street. Bus: M104
Description: Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice, nothing too special, location was convenient.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We enjoyed a simple dinner here with our two kids. The food was good. We custom ordered some fried rice for our darling children who are particular. Unfortunately the standard dish came (instead of our custom order) and that didn't work out great. The waiter later realized there was a problem and offered to have the chef remake the dish, but we declined and they removed the errant dish from our bill which we thought was nice. Pad Thai was enjoyable!

The main draw for us was location as we were staying in Times Square. The restaurant seemed mostly full without a lot of people waiting. It's a pretty large restaurant. Our server was very nice.

virginia
“Diappointing Service”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have gone to this restaurant several times, mostly for the location and decent food, but have just had my last meal there. I was on a girls NYC trip and after shopping our last day we were ready for a good meal. I am giving the restaurant 2 stars, mostly for the food, which is not bad, and because the restaurant is so big and crowded, it is pretty fresh. The reason for the rating is that, for some reason, they decided to lower the lights for an hour. Waiters put an extra candle on each table, but it was very dark. When the waitress came to clear the table, she dumped an entire bowl of soy sauce on my two friends and it also went down in their shopping bags. It was probably not entirely her fault, the bowl was black and the restaurant was dark, but it ruined our meal. One friend had a white shirt from SAKS that was ruined and the other had a wedding present she had gotten at Tiffany's, and the box and white ribbon were destroyed. The manager did come over and apologize, but since it was our last night in NYC, we could not replace the items, and they gave us about $20 worth of credit on the bill for dry cleaning costs. I truly think they should have comped the entire meal, but that was not offered. The damage done, was well over $20 and our bill was still $150 for a ruined dinner.

ABERDEEN
“Lovely Chinese”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very good Chinese. Quite large portions, excellent flavours and quality of food. Beware, rice comes with the main meals, unlike the UK so we didn't really need to order separate rice dishes.

Visited February 2013
United States
“My Favorite Pan-Asian in NYC for Many Years!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Love this place, every time I'm in NYC I come here.

Great service, food, sauces, spicy!

If you're an Asian food fan, it's a must try.

Yes, it's part of the B R Guest restaurant group, but who says all chains have to be yukky?

New York
“Average”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I guess located in the heart of Times Square inflated prices a bit. I brought my daughter and her college roommate to eat there when they had a conference in NY and my wife and I met her in the city. Her roommate from the way out of state and experiencing NYC for the first time loved it. I thought the food was good but better than a local chinese place from my neighborhood.

Visited December 2012