“Great food, lousy service”
Review of Ruby Foo's - CLOSED

Ruby Foo's
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 49th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, 1 train to 50th Street, and A, C & E trains to 50th Street. Bus: M104
Description: Ruby Foo’s brings the bold flavors of Beijing, Bangkok and Tokyo to Times Square in a big-box setting that is as boisterous as it Broadway neighborhood. Described as “imaginative” by New York Magazine, the 300 seat space and approachable Pan-Asian cuisine is perfect for dinner pre or post show, lunch with clients, brunch with kids, private parties, and any other occasion imaginable. People watch at a Broadway-facing table over pad thai, sample some of the best rolls in the neighborhood at the 20-seat sushi bar, share assorted dim sum at a banquet and finish with a Dessert Bento Box. Tight on time? Take freshly-baked theater treats like Chocolate Chip Cookies and Caramel Popcorn to go. Or, get sushi and dim sum delivered to your door!
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Lovely and creative food, very Asian but untraditional. Unfortunately weak service. First they had managed to lose our booking, and the waiters were too busy. Still worth a visit!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Popped into Ruby Foo's with my daughters and granddaughter after seeing Mama Mia! Got a table on the spot...right in the center! This is a GEM of a place! The atmosphere, the food, the prices, the staff....all TOP NOTCH! My granddaughter was 4 at the time and the server (Ben) focused our entire meal around her...she was a little princess for the evening. He even recommended we go Tapas instead of ordering full meals, more economical for us he said and we would have a better opportunity to try a variety of items. This saved us money and made for a very exciting time! Food was OUT OF THIS WORLD good, the cocktails were potent and oh so delicious. I live 4 hours away and would not hesitate to make a day trip to NY again just to eat at Ruby Foo's!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Any time you have a restaurant in a CRAZY place like Times Square, there will be some sacrifices in quality. However, we have always had great food and service there, and typically visit for its central location. This may be the last time. Nothing was awful by any means. The service was good, the drinks, ok (too watered down for a 16 dollar martini thank you) and the food was ok. But the fact is, when I am in NYC, I can eat at some of the best restaurants and this place just does not warrant the effort any longer.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stopped in here for a quick snack and drink. We were walking by and since it was raining outside we decided to stop in. We sat at the bar and had a glass of champagne. Had the wonton soup (pork dumplings) to start and Spicy Beef Udon (seared filet mignon, tobandjan sauce ) as the main plate. Both were excellent. Service very quick, however it wasn't that busy. Would return on my next trip to NYC.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Every holiday my entire family meets at Ruby Foo's (in the heart of NYC) for lunch before seeing a Broadway show. Yesterday, was year 8 and I must say the for me "the thrill is gone" This was never a 5 star, but it was always good, offering a diverse mix of Asian favorites: Pad Thai, rolls, miso, Cung Pao chicken, dim sum ect. I noticed yesterday that the food pretty much tasted the same. So food not so good. However, the wonderful thing I can say about Ruby Foo's is they can accommodate a large party, the wait staff are always helpful and friendly. It is a convenient lunch and dinner spot if you are seeing a show, but don't have grand expectations.