“Definitely a nice find”
Review of The Park

The Park
Reserve with OpenTable
The Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,359 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: between 17th and 18th street
Transit: A,C,E,L to 14th St
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The atmosphere is unbeatable. It's nested beautifully alongside the relatively new Highline Park, across from Chelsea Piers. It's on Tenth Avenue, making it fairly safe from tourists. There are four "rooms" that have amazing character--a "penthouse" that is rooftop access, a bar, a lounge, a room with a cozy fireplace, and the dining area with indoor trees and low lighting. It's extremely versatile--it's an excellent date spot, a fun brunch place, or a relaxing dinner and drinks hit.

The food is pretty good and not outrageously priced. The staff is pretty nice but often not terribly enthusiastic. On my most recent visit, they made an expensive mistake with the order and did not comp us for the additional dishes we ended up with. It wasn't a huge faux pas, as I will definitely visit there again!

1  Thank Jessica P

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stopped for lunch and were told there was a fifteen minute wait. Fifteen minutes later, we were told our table was almost ready, so we waited another ten minutes. It was still "almost ready." Ten minutes later, when we said we were leaving, a table was magically available, but we got no service for another ten minutes. The BLT was undistinguished, the fries bland, and the pizza was (how you do this, I have no idea) watery and slimey. Expensive, lousy meal and waste of time. If you want to see trees and birds, go up to the HighLine, don't eat here.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as the looks of the Garden area with trees and nice lighting was appealing. We were very disappointed by the dishes served and found it expensive for pasta or pizza. We decided to be original and try the polenta and eggs, which ended up by being an awful idea. The waiter was kind enough to offer us to take something else on the menu as if he knew this dish was a disaster. The pizza was ok but really nothing special. There are so many restaurants in NYC definitively more worth going. We were very disappointed for a romantic dinner out.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Our visit to The Park was great. We went for lunch whilst visiting the High Line. The food and the service were great but the venue was fantastic!

1  Thank Mikeprescott84
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been going to The Park for the last 6-7 years. Some people who are from NYC and in the medical field may know that I do my parties there approximately every 6 weeks, so I am very familiar with this place.

Overall, it is a nice place with both a restaurant and a bar/lounge with a dance floor after hours. Dinner is served till 11pm from the kitchen. The food is average for Manhattan. This place is big with two floors, 3 full bars, and an outdoor seating on the second floor.

Prices on drinks are average for Manhattan and the drinks are not weak, but beware, some of the female bartenders will try to rip you off. There is NO COVER charge, however if you get there between 11:30pm and 12:30am, the lines tend to be a bit long.

I did an exclusive private party there. No down payment or renting fee, but only a bar tab. The host was very nice and easy to work with. Contract was drafted and signed with date booked in a breeze. I will definitely book there again in the future if need be.

The only drawback that I can think of for some people is that 50% of the time, you will have a large Asian/Indian crowd. Please don't be misled though, it is mixed for the most part, but depends on the night you are going out. I can't remember a time when I've witness a fight/violence or argument. Most of the people that goes there are pleasant and majority of the people respect each other.

If you are in town, do drop by and visit. I would recommend trying dinner and then stay for a bit of the night life. You will definitely enjoy it, especially Friday and Saturday nights.