“Nice venue”
Review of The Park

The Park
Reserve with OpenTable
The Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,754 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: between 17th and 18th street
Transit: A,C,E,L to 14th St
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice venue but very mediocre food and wine by the glass was not of a great quality. We are in NYC for a month and would probably not dine here again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our last meal in NYC and we really enjoyed it! I had a cold kale salad and soup, and both were good. This place has a lovely atmosphere and good service too. I'd recommend it before a trip to the High Line.

2  Thank sherbear82
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were seated immediately in a nice booth. Ordered our food and were pleasantly surprised with how fast our food arrived for a crowded Sat afternoon- BUT our drinks never arrived and our server was nowhere to be found. Then after we finished eating our drinks arrived. Even after complaining they did not adjust the bill.

1  Thank salvodon
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Park seems like a place that could have potential. Great location and nice setting with room for larger groups, reasonably priced menu, large bar area etc. However it fails miserably.

The service is attrocious at the Park. You;re luck that someone takes your order, but don't expect to get your drinks or food any time soon. By the time it finally arrives, its basically just thrown on the table at random order without a smile. The food is greasy and salty. Biggest joke was the "meat plate"; I expected some sort of charcuterie, instead what we received was: oily stale bread, some bread sticks, few slices of fennel in oil and 8 slices of various ham that tasted disgusting. The pizzas are horrible.

In all fairness the evening turned out so bad that the restaurant manager did refund us some of there bill, but at that point the damage was already done. Didn't see too many happy faces around us either.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

It saddens me to have to write a bad review because this place is so unique and interesting to visit. That being said, if you are ok with absolutely horrendous customer service and don't mind waiting an unnecessary amount of time to receive your food, then still check it out. The food is lovely and the prices are average for New York City.

One the other hand, I wouldn't order oysters as the presentation is outstanding but with the lack of care the servers give to their tables, you will end up with a table soaked in melted ice. When the server finally did pick up our oyster plates, they grabbed our napkins from our laps to wipe down the tables. The puddle below the table was left there. I guess it was too much trouble to use a kitchen rag or something else to wipe the table.

With our experience, which happened to be during an option of a prefix menu, we opted to cancel the last portion of the prefix due to having waited so long for the staff to clear our dirty plates. It was late and we were tired. We kindly asked if our desert could be replaced on the check with the cocktails we had on the table as they were comparable in price on the menu. It was just our way of trying to leave quickly. After waiting 10 minutes, our server returned and told us the manager would send over 4 glasses of champagne. We were a bit confused but accepted and quickly asked for the check. Much to our surprise, we were still being charged for the prefix on our check.

In this situation there was a misunderstanding between the server and the manager. We asked to speak directly to the manager and what followed was a disgusting attitude from the person who should technically be accommodating the patrons spending over $250. At one point, I was asked to relax and then the manager grabbed my arm in what I hope was a lapse of judgment on his part. At that point, we settled up and left before anything more could take place.

I was absolutely appalled with the service at this establishment and I will not be returning. Again, this might have been an isolated experience but overall, slow service, terrible attitudes. Not worth your time.

1  Thank MrDavidDuran