“Great Seafood Lunch”

MarkJoseph Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
MarkJoseph Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,175 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Peck Slip
Transit: Subway Lines 2,3 stop at Fulton Street/William Street at Fulton Street Station.; Subway Lines A,C stop at Broadway/Nassau at Fulton Street Station.; Subway Line E stops at Chambers Street.; Subway Lines 4,5,6 stop at City Hall/Brooklyn Bridge or Broadway/Nassau at Fulton Street Station.
Description: MarkJoseph Steakhouse has been serving the best USDA Prime Dry Aged Porterhouse in New York City since 2000. Raising the bar of excellence for authentic New York City Steakhouses, MarkJoseph Steakhouse combines excellent food and polished service all in a comfortable atmosphere. Dining at MarkJosph Steakhouse you will find that your entrees are consistently prepared exactly how you like them! Porterhouse always arrives to your table sizzling and prepared to perfection. With a Zagat food rating of 24 even the most prestigious palate will be delighted. Voted #1 Rated Steakhouse in Manhattan in 2005 and 2007.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Great Seafood Lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The area is being re-developed and the restaurant we had planned to use was closed so by chance (and our good fortune) we stumbled across Mark Joseph Steak House for our lunch. The signs were good, mostly locals eating. We were made to feel very welcome. Iced water and bread served, felt under no pressure to order wine. Decided on hot seafood platter with side portion of fries. Platter arrived with lobster, shrimp, clams done two ways and lots of calamari. Great taste, great food and great service. Bill with tip came to $100 (in my thoughts £60 which for such a feast in London would have been amazing value). Would certainly go back if we ever re-visit South Manhattan. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank paul6111

Milford, New Jersey
“Excellent steaks - at a price”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

It is unsurprising that this restaurant has such a good reputation for steaks, the meat was excellent, but prices are definitely on the high side. Personally I would have preferred the option of smaller portions of meat - the cuts are huge. We were in a large group and they did well with service in general although they did forget the baked potatoes and by the time they arrived most people were already well into their meal.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“TRIFECTA OF DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My Wife and I had the misfortune of attempting to have dinner at MARK JOSEPHS steakhouse recently. We have been to this restaurant several times, and we have always found it to be an average New York Steakhouse. On this occasion, however, we experienced all of MARK JOSEPHS shortcomings. We placed our orders with our waiter, I ordered the sirloin (medium, pink inside), and my wife ordered the scallops. When our plates arrived the steak was underdone, and I asked the waiter if I could have my steak done medium. The waiter said that he would get the manager. CAROL ANN, the manager, came to our table, and told me that "you may not know this, but this how we prepare a steak medium". I didn’t argue, I simply asked that I have a steak prepared the way I wanted it done. They took the steak back, and the side dishes (creamed spinach and hash browns) were delivered. Both of these were cold, and the creamed spinach could have been mistaken for green spackle. When my steak arrived the second time, it had been pan fried to a dry leathery consistency. I asked to see our waiter, and Carol Ann returned to ask me “what’s the matter now”. I told her, again, that this is not what I had ordered, and that my wife’s meal and the sides were cold. We were ready to leave when Carol Ann insisted that another order was being prepared. We should have left. When the order came back for a third time, it was another disappointment. My wife’s meal was still cold, the sides were still cold, and my steak was even less cooked than the original. As we got up to leave, I asked for the check. The manger was obviously upset that we couldn’t understand their level of excellence, and told me that it was paid for.
It wasn’t obvious at first, but considering that the restaurant was half empty at a prime seating time, I have come to believe that MARK JOSEPHS may not have the skilled cooks (they can’t be chefs), to prepare a meal to order. I have seen other reviews of MARK JOSEPHS questioning the grade of meat that is served (choice vs prime). To this point I cannot venture an opinion, as I never had the opportunity to taste the meat.
The service was poor, and could be attributed to either a lack of communication between the front of the house and the back, or that the wait staff simply don’t care. Managements condescending attitude completed the trifecta, and provided us with a truly uncomfortable evening.
Normally I wouldn’t comment on the location of a restaurant, but considering the poor standards that MARK JOSEPHS displays, the inconvenience of it’s location only adds to the letdown. We will not go back.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great Steaks and People”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went for a Birthday after arriving from London on the recommendation from the hotel. They were informed, but missed it off making any comment or wishing happy birthday.

That said the food was superb, the Canadian Bacon Strip was yummy and my fillet steak was like butter.

A few days later when Carol Anne found out that they had missed off the Birthday (they Hotel informed her), she invited us back for drinks and appetisers which was very thoughtful and we really appreciated the gesture. It is service like that that makes you want to go back and therefore I would highly recommend this restaurant, the food and the service from Carol Anne

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“great place..worth the search...”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am bad with directions so it was hard for me to find this place but i'm glad I did...I went with my wife and had a pretty good meal. I was a bit concerned about them burning the steak after I read some reviews but that was unfounded. The steak came out cooked well. The chef could be a little more heavy handed with the salt and pepper but I guess that is a matter of personal preference. Our server was wonderful. Explained everything well and was pleasant without being pushy. If you are looking for a Steakhouse then aside from the salt and pepper thing, which is minor, feel comfortable choosing this place.

• Visited February 2014