“Wonderful atmosphere & food”
Review of Blue Fin

Blue Fin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Fin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,050 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 47th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue. Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
Description: A modern seafood restaurant, where Broadway energy meets quiet sophistication. This year we are very excited to announce our three story New Year's Eve extravaganza. The celebration will include an open bar, small plates and canapes by both Chef Ivy Stark of Dos Caminos and Chef Juan Carlos Ortega from Blue Fin, live entertainment including DJs, live band, magicians, fortune tellers, acrobats, and more, and a special giveaways for every guest. Tickets are on sale now.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

LOVED the Blue Fin. What I can't tell about is the seafood or sushi. I don't eat either, but the chicken sandwich was AMAZING! Great service, wonderful atmosphere.
High recommend this restaurant while in NYC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Saturday morning brunch with my sister and family. Food was generous and very good -- I had a spinach/mushroom/feta cheese omelet that was excellent, and their pancakes were very good as well. Service was friendly and prompt during our meal, and particularly helpful with the kids.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sat in the bar and watched people in Times Square. Lobster bisque was bad. Female bartender was rude. It wasn't even busy and you would have thought I was putting her out making a drink. Fish was ok. Just not a great experience for the price.

1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My Restaurant Week lunch was a fabulous value. The service was superb. The scoop of lime sorbet garnishing my gazpacho starter was a great way to upgrade this summer classic. The crispy skin on my salmon entree added a delicious crunch to the perfectly cooked fish. And the trio of sorbets presented a pleasing contrast of flavors.

Best of all, I dined in a stylish, quiet and uncrowded setting that seemed a million miles away from the throng of tourists just outside the door. It was hard to believe that I got all of this, plus an excellent glass of wine, for under $50 in the heart of Manhattan. What a steal!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location can't be beat -- the first floor of the W Hotel in Times Square, across from the bleachers. It's kind of a little oasis of calm in the craziness of Times Square. It's a bit dressy so no shorts and flip flops. The A/C is great which was important when it's in the 100s with high humidity. The food isn't bad -- upscale seafood including sushi -- but the service was lacking. At first, the waitress was very good. She was very friendly. But as the evening wore on, she disappeared for long periods of time and it took us 45 minutes to get our food. I could see her hanging out with the other staff at the front desk and ignoring us. We were starving. It shouldn't take 45 minutes for sushi. It also took us a long time to get her attention to ask for the check and it took about a half hour to get the check even after we asked for it. This isn't a place to go if you want to grab a quick bite. You should allow at least 2 hours for your meal. This is crazy considering there were only a handful of tables on a Friday night. It's not like the place was packed or anything. I think because it was so slow, the wait staff disappeared into the back or the front of the house to talk to the other staff. The manager should keep an eye on the staff to make sure they're doing their job properly. We stayed an hour later than we wanted because of the slow waitress. Good thing we weren't trying to catch a play!