“Best Passion Fruit Martini!”
Review of Blue Fin

Blue Fin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Fin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #413 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 47th Street
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street, A, C & E trains to 50th Street, and B, D, F & V trains 47th-50th and 6th Avenue. Bus: M10, M20, or M104 to 47th Street
Description: A modern seafood restaurant, where Broadway energy meets quiet sophistication. This year we are very excited to announce our three story New Year's Eve extravaganza. The celebration will include an open bar, small plates and canapes by both Chef Ivy Stark of Dos Caminos and Chef Juan Carlos Ortega from Blue Fin, live entertainment including DJs, live band, magicians, fortune tellers, acrobats, and more, and a special giveaways for every guest. Tickets are on sale now.
Middletown, Maryland
“Best Passion Fruit Martini!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love the ambience of this restaurant!! We stay a the W hotel and since it was so close we decided to give it a try!! I fell in love with the Passion Fruit Martini!! I also really like some kind of spring roll which was great! My husband had some mash potatoes that he swore was the best he ever had! He even tried to get some before we left for the airport but the didn't serve them during lunch! I also love the jazz they play during dinner. Overall this was a very chic restaurant the I would go to for a special occasion or definitely Happy Hour!

Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montclair, New Jersey
“Great Gem hidden in midtown”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The seafood is fresh and tasty. The sushi is good, too. Good place to go with a small group. Kind of expensive but totally worth the cost.

Boston, MA
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The concierge at the Westin Times Square suggested Blue Fin for great seafood and I was not disappointed. I was initially seated at the street level where they feature sushi and seafood. Frankly, I was not impressed because it was reminded me of a big cafeteria - not a cozy place so I asked to be moved to the restaurant upstairs where the ambience is completely different. It is dramatic, elegant, upbeat, and there is a great vibe here.

I ordered pan seared halibut with herb gnocchi, petit portobellos, wilted arugula, jumbo lump crab. This entree was priced at $34 and absolutely superb! In fact, my taste buds were doing the Macarena!!

All-in-all, the upstairs restaurant at Blue Fin is amazing - outstanding food, romantic setting, and great for people watching!

Rome, Italy
“A good choice and unbeatable location”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had Xmas Day breakfast/brunch at the Blue Fin with a small group of friends, the experience was overall very positive. The food was amazing: homemade giant muffins (very tasty), delicious Maine lobster egg benedicts, salmon egg benedicts and breakfast egg sandwich. The service was impeccable and our waiter was very attentive and professional. Our reservation (made through OpenTable) was in the restaurant's system and we were accommodated promptly and without delay. We would have loved a better view over Times Square but were satisfied with our table location (upstairs dining room) anyway.

Sydney
“Surprisingly good food - mixed service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We choose to eat at Blue Fin because we were looking for something lighter and seafood/sushi and sashimi seemed like a good choice. Being a restaurant in a hotel I did not have high expectations but we were pleasantly surprised. The crab cake was delicious, the crab and lobster spring rolls equally so. The haddock on gnocchi with lump crab was perfect! The service was mixed. Genealoy good with one let down - we had the homemade icecream which was delivers to the table have melted. It was replaced - and the second time was no netter - out waitress then went to the kitchen directly - and the third time delicious cold icecream was delivered. All in all if you are looking for something a little fishy - the Blue Fin ismamgoodmstart in the Times Square area