“Great Beer Selection! Good Burger!”
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 13,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park and Lexington
Transit: Subway line: 6 to 28th Street and Park Avenue South
Description: Jazz Standard offers guests a wide variety of world class jazz complemented by Blue Smoke barbecue in an intimate room with great sightlines and sound.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Great Beer Selection! Good Burger!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I walked by the restaurant and would have kept on walking, but I was intrigued by the window. We were warmly greeted and seated promptly. Servers are exceptional. I had a Blue Smoke Burger, nothing to write home about. The bacon topping is quite good. My wife had the rib sampler. It came with three types of ribs. She devoured the pork ribs, but when I asked about the temperature she said "eh!". Beef ribs were dry rub. Good flavour. Overall, a great place with average food. Not a foodie place. BUT, if you enjoy beer with your meal it is the place to stop.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
“average food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We've been there a few times over the years and the food is not as good as it used to be.
We had ribs with a few sides- iceberg wedge was good, coleslaw interesting but not really my taste, baked beans are flavorless and looked more a like soup than baked beans, deviled egg ( tiny tiny tiny - really?? ) .The ribs were a small order, not very meaty and just ok. The only good thing was the mac n'cheese.
Overall- we spend over $ 120 for 2 people for average food.

Millis, Massachusetts, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

we had a great meal and experience at Blue Smoke. I highly recommend it and will defiantly be going back. The hush puppies were delicious and the cookie decorating for the kids is a great touch!!

2 Thank Brooks D
Millburn, New Jersey
“Blue Smoke Battery Park - Delicious, Great Service, Veggie Surprise”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife has been a regular for lunch for the past year, since she works just around the corner. She is a vegetarian so it's ironic that one of her favorite meals would be served by a BBQ restaurant.

This past weekend, we decided to picnic in the city and get our food from Blue Smoke. Our order was taken by an enthusiastic person we later found out was the manager (Anna). The place was jam-packed with folks enjoying the food.

I asked Anna to recommend a beef dish. She suggested the beef brisket at 50% marbled/50% lean. It was outrageous. The lean cuts were nearly as tender as the marbled cuts. The flavor was delectable. My mouth is watering as I write this. The crispy onions are killer. The potatoes are tasty with the sauce from the brisket.

The big surprise was my wife's quinoa burger with chutney. Way better than any veggie burger I have ever tasted. Inn fact, I would order it again.

1 Thank Boatboys9
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Tasty for GF'ers and Veggies”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great atmosphere, great food and great service.
Brilliant for gluten free options and our waitress was gluten intolerant herself, so I felt very safe with her! She even suggested that if I got the wedges, she'd ask for them to be baked not fried so I could have them (if they were fried, they wouldn't have been GF).
Two of us had ribs and pulled pork. The dip the wedges came with was delicious - some sort of maple and sour cream concoction. YUM. Our other friend had a veggie burger and some sides, which she said were very tasty, too.
Somehow we managed a desert too. They make their own ice cream so we thought we should give it a go....

I couldn't finish my dinner, so got a doggie-bag and finished it the next day. Still tasty.

Visited May 2014