“Great BBQ”
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #263 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park and Lexington
Transit: Subway line: 6 to 28th Street and Park Avenue South
Description: Jazz Standard offers guests a wide variety of world class jazz complemented by Blue Smoke barbecue in an intimate room with great sightlines and sound.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The combination of great food and great service make Blue Smoke well worth a visit.

From our visit the stand out dish for me was the rib sampler, an assortment of different ribs all with their own taste and texture. The baby back ribs were particularly excellent!

My partner and I both ordered a side of fries and the waiter told us that 1 serving would most likely be enough as the portions are big - he wasn't wrong! I appreciated being told and swapped the second portion for the excellent pit beans with pulled pork.

We'll definitely return when we're next in NYC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food at Blue Smoke isn't the style of American BBQ food we are served in England. It was tasty enough, however the BBQ flavours weren't there which left us a little disappointed. They had a nice range of unique beers which were served in frosty, ice cold glasses.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The service is impeccable, the food is delicious, the selections are unique. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Leigh Anne B
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our experience in this restaurant has been overall pleasant.
Have I had better BBQ before ? Yes, I have. Would I come back to the Blue Smoke ? In a heartbeat, cuz it's not only about food. The ambiance was great and there's a choice for live Jazz downstairs too. The staff gives you the impression they are happy you're there.
I also liked the different kinds of sauces available on the tables

For downstairs, play safe and make reservations as the bands aren't playing until late and if you just walk in chances are it'll be packed already

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The ribs were good and plentiful , couldn't taste the smoke flavoring, very crowed tables a waitress bumped my chair 3 times and to get out of the boothseat you need to moved the table, the coleslaw was $5.00 for a side and tasted only of vineger