“Nice casual BBQ”
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park and Lexington
Transit: Subway line: 6 to 28th Street and Park Avenue South
Description: Jazz Standard offers guests a wide variety of world class jazz complemented by Blue Smoke barbecue in an intimate room with great sightlines and sound.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I hadn't been to Blue Smoke since it opened, and consequently had heard years of hype. The restaurant is in a great space, the service is excellent and the food is very high quality - but the meats themselves weren't particularly flavored. They really needed the BBQ sauces. While we had a fine meal here, and the quality of the meats was evident, it's not necessarily a place I'd rush to as a destination.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Brilliant, My brother and I were there 18th & 19th Jan. Friendly, helpful and a few free starters thrown in "try this" and everything they suggested was fantastic. They're happy to swop items on your dish around and even suggested it. Probably the best place we ate, great staff who remembered us, which given how rude New Yorkers seem to be was fantastic.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had chicken wings as a starter and my husband had the smoked black pepper sausage which was delicious, if somewhat spicy. We had brisket for mains which was superbly moist and tender, mine was served with fries and my husband's with creamy mashed potatoes, and caramelised, crispy onions. The food at Blue Smoke is the best of it's kind that we have had in New York. There is a wide selection of beers, wines and spirits. The atmosphere in the bar/restaurant is buzzing, the staff are really friendly and helpful. Great place to go before heading downstairs to Jazz Standard for some serious jazz. We love Blue Smoke and Jazz Standard and go every time we are in New York.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I lived in Murray Hill, my partner and I would always go to Blue Smoke every now and then. Of course, when you go to Blue Smoke, you MUST, MUST get anything BBQ related. The potato chips are a great appetizers and the BBQ sampler, you can't go wrong. But don't over indulge that you don't have time for their desert sampler.

I have a sweet tooth so when you can get chocolate, ice cream, pies and more, you must go for it.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

loved the veggie burger- husband raved about the fried chicken and mashed potatoes ( best he ever had!) The desserts were fabulous! Service great ( ask for Juklie!) very noisy the night we were there ( Friday) but great energy!