“Father's Day afternoon dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cowgirl

Cowgirl
Ranked #1,153 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West Village
New York City, New York
“Father's Day afternoon dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

While walking around Manhattan on Father's Day we stopped in front of Cowgirl's and looked at the menu. It looked interesting so we decided to give it a try.My daughter and son ordered the BBQ Beef on a bun,which was good but some of the meat was chewy. The portion was large and tasty. My wife ordered the chicken fried steak which was good but lacked seasoning.I ordered the chicken fried chicken which was also good but lacked seasoning as well. I would go back to try something else, perhaps something from the brunch menu,because like I said the menu items are interesting. The staff is friendly and attentive. Thanks Cowgirl for the free beer on Father's Day

• Visited June 2013

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“Unpretentious, yet daring!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I have always had a blast going here before seeing a play at the Lucille Lortel theater. This time it was a matinee and we took another couple with us. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Everyone's food came out quickly and was very good. Their happy hour is from 3-6, but unfortunately we were too early. Their margaritas are not cheap, but they're extremely potent. One of them just about put my wife under the table. Excellent job!!

• Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Fun place for brunch. The service was a little slow at times, but the food was very good. I had pancakes, which I don't eat very often, and they were delicious.

Visited May 2013
cornwall
“Our favourite in New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We roamed many different eateries in New York and this was our favourite. Beautifully laid out with a really authentic,comfortable and inviting feel when you walk through the door. We found it hard to choose due to the extensive and highly appealing menu, along with an equally large drinks offering!! The food quality and taste were faultless and for New York we felt it to be very good value for money. Situated in a beautiful part of west village,I would recommend to anyone. The pulled pork and BBQ chicken were certainly top notch! Staff were efficient and helpful without being overbearing or intrusive, just how it should be.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank chris l
New York City, New York
“A consistently wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Cowgirl’s courteous service, scrumptious entrees, and superb value have kept me returning as a loyal and very satisfied customer for years. Don’t miss their frozen margaritas in glass mason jars or their wonderful weekend brunches, which are both serious crowd-pleasers. Its relaxed and friendly atmosphere ensures there’s a place at the table for everyone (and explains why it’s a haven for celebs who just want to have fun and blend in). Thank you, Cowgirl, for never skimping on portions or quality ingredients and for always delivering a totally delightful dining experience!

• Visited May 2013