“Yippee-yippee-eye-aye”
Review of Cowgirl

Cowgirl
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowgirl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,273 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My friend Susan live right around the corner from this fabulous place. When I go to NYC, this is where you will find us: among the locals, enjoying the chopped salad, burghers, western fires. Great local atmosphere. Sometimes too many kids-- since lot soy people in the neighborhood seem to be reproducing at a wild rate. Casual. Fun. Friendly.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

To start off with, what makes the places #1 is the friendlest staff. Anyone can go get something to eat in NYC, but the staff is what makes the restaurant stand apart from others. Lannie, Chris and KK are INCREDIBLE. Last weekend I used their space to have a private party (baby shower), and not only did they accomodate all of my needs but they were 3 steps ahead of me making sure everything and everyone went smoothly. I am sooo happy with the serviced received that I had to let everyone know.

Also, the food here is delicious. From the fried chicken to macaroni and cheese, corn bread, etc. very very very very satisfied.
If you want a great time, if you need a great place to hold a party, if you need a great restaurant to just sit back in to enjoy time with friends.... COWGIRL IS THE PLACE TO GO 100%

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Like everything else in NYC, sometimes it just gets old. Don't we all.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great for the bridge and tunnel crowd....not locals anymore

Reviewed December 20, 2011

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night with our three young daughters. The food was authentically southern (the ribs were unbelievable) and reasonably priced. Interesting selection of beer on tap and surroundings that kept the interest of all of us - especially my horse crazy girls! The service was amazing as was the "baked potato" dessert - a delicious must try if you dine here. I highly recommend this place to those with kids, as well as those who don't!