“Worst shish kebab ever”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Broadway and Nassau
Transit: A & C: to Broadway - Nassau E: to WTC, J, M & Z: to Fulton Street, R & W: to Cortland Street, 2, 3, 4 & 5: to Fulton Street
Description: Alfanoose was founded in 1999 by Mouhamad Shami in New York City's Financial District. Shami is a lover of authentic Middle Eastern cuisine and a purist at heart. Alfanoose came about, mainly because of his disappointment in finding true Syrian/Lebanese food in New York.
“Worst shish kebab ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I ordered shish kebab in the hope it would be freshly cooked as I have come to expect in London Lebanese restaurants but the slices of lamb I got bore no resemblance to any shish kebab I have eaten before. They were too tough to cut with the plastic cutlery provided. Very disappointing as I thought I had found an oasis in a culinary wasteland. I love Lebanese food but if this was my first experience I would not wish to repeat it. My wife had a veggie "kibbeh" and was equally unimpressed

• Visited January 2011

New England
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We saw this restaurant on the Food Network. We decided that on our next visit to NYC we would check it out. The food was wonderful! We asked server what he would recommend and he said "Everything!" So, we tried almost everything!

If you like being adventurous and trying different foods from around the world this is a definite must visit!

New York
“Best fresh middle eastern in financial district”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

The restaurant is owned by a lovely hard-working family (I've been going to this place for years and know them on first name basis). I come for the food and the sweetness of the family. Everyone in line seems to feel the same way. and there are long lines for the freshly made delightful food. The chicken shwarma platter is fantastic. Great value and great food.

USA
“Best Falafel and Shawarma in USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

If you ever miss the lebanese flavor of fast food then head to Alfanoose.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very interesting food. Only potentially embarassing issue is that they dont accept all major credit cards...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

Very interesting food. Only potentially embarassing issue is that they dont accept all major credit cards ... Thankfully I had cash..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook