“Bad experience”

Neighborhood: East Village
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had a very bad experience here. After complaining they told us there was no way they could take anything off the bill because they had already put it in their ordering system. I've never seen a business not be able to take something off the check. Beware, if you are unhappy with food or service, do not expect to get anything taken off your check.

paris
“Best Hookah Ever”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Drink , smoke and have fun !

That's the way it is if you wanna party like a rockstar!

they make the best hookah ever, none of the other hookah bar arround can do the same.
This is the only Hookah cozy bar that has a private garden & backyard ;-)

I also have to say that the waiter called Walid ( a french guy ) is too hot and sexy.
To bad he had a GF ;-) I would smoke it too ^^

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Vomit.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Sahara East is dirty and has horrendous service. When we sat down, one of our friends immediately said it smelled terrible. The rest of us didn't smell anything, so we went ahead and ordered our hookah and a pitcher of sangria. I soon noticed that there was vomit in the bathroom sink, and told our waiter. After half an hour, my sister noticed that they still hadn't cleaned it up. A little later, the girl who had initially smelled something decided to leave early, and I moved to her seat. I noticed that there was something slimy under my feet and began to smell more vomit. Sure enough, there was a puddle of puke under our table. We were really grossed out, but didn't make a scene because it was very busy. They quickly moved us to another table. Later, the waiter suggested that we had done it! I wasn't sure if he was serious or joking, but I assured him that this was not the case.

When we got the bill, nothing had been comped. We told them that we had expected some kind of compensation, but they said nothing could be done because we had already smoked the hookah and drank the sangria. Both the hookah and the sangria were almost finished by the time we noticed the puke and moved tables! I tried to explain this to the manager, but he talked over me the whole time and I don't think he even heard me. They claimed that once something had been rung into their system, they couldn't remove it. That's ridiculous considering that if a waiter makes a mistake, surely he has the ability to remove it.

I've waited tables before, and I realize that bad things can happen that are out of your control. What I don't understand is why a busy restaurant would have a problem accommodating well-behaved customers who have had a terrible experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“fun place for hookah, unreasonable pricing for a can of soda ($5) friendly service.”
Reviewed December 24, 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“There food reminded me like home, it's all East African food... Bangin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2007