“Loved it” 4 of 5 bubbles

P.J. Clarke's
Ranked #250 of 13,476 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We came here after visiting a friend who lives in NYC who said to go here as we were looking for somewhere to eat after leaving his apartment near by. I loved the atmosphere - quite a cool old feel with the decor and busy in a nice way. We sat at the "proper American bar" as I called it while waiting for our seat (we didn't book and only waited 15 mins - enough time to sink a Sauvignon blanc).
The food was spot on if you like burgers - home made and tasty. We had calamari and tuna tacos to start which were also nice. We had a lovely night here - cost about £50 for 2 starters mains and a bottle of wine. Give it a try!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sun City, Arizona
“Best reasonably priced place close to Lincoln Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

A more than decent burger and fries, prompt service and proximity to Lincoln Center makes this a wise choice for pre-theater dining. The macaroni and cheese is also good, but if you are not starving order the appetizer portion instead of the dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good food, a little expensive for lunch!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to PJ Clarkes for lunch and the food was very good, but thought it was a little expensive for lunch! This restaurant would have been more suitable for dinner!!! Had the pulled pork sandwich which was a nice alternative to a burger!!! Good service as expected!!!

Medina, Ohio
“Good Bar. Great Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I was in New York visiting friends. At some point over the weekend we ended up here at PJ Clark's. First of all, this place feels like a great comfortable memory. I walked in and felt like I've been coming here for years. We sat at the bar for a long while and enjoyed some beers. The staff was great and on par for what I expect from bartenders. Not flashy or in your face, but not cold and unapproachable either. I could tell everyone felt comfortable here because complete strangers were striking up conversations like they've been old time friends.
Now the food. I ordered the mussels. It comes in two ways, red or white. I opted for white. I love garlic and white wine. It's like the caprese salad of mussels. You foodies know what I'm talking about!!
Now I can't wait to go back to NYC.

Visited March 2014
Manalapan, New Jersey
“It's Near Lincoln Center”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The best aspect of PJ Clark's is its proximity to Lincoln Center. The food is fair, the service mediocre and its crowded and noisy. The chicken pot pie was filled with lots of chicken, it was a good sized portion and was piping hot. Unfortunately it was devoid of flavor. The shoe string fried onion rings consisted of greasy battered things that at one time may have been part of an onion. The flank steak salad was mundane. The meat was tasty but over cooked since we requested medium rare and it was served medium well done. For what they offer it's overpriced.

• Visited May 2014