“Interesting proposal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Banc Cafe

Banc Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Banc Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,274 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 30th Street
Transit: No. 6 Train at Park Ave and 28th Street or 33rd Street.
Description: A neighborhood bar restaurant occupying the space of a 1920’s bank. The décor is inspired by nineteenth century Parisian establishments. Terra Cotta textured walls, dimly lit chandelier’s, copper table tops & curved banquette seating create a very unique and intimate setting. Executive Chef, John J. Loughran formerly of River Café in Brooklyn has created a menu that changes seasonally; using the best of locally sourced ingredients. Chef John’s philosophy, buy local and be creative. This is evident in every dish you taste at Banc Café. Our cocktails are created using fresh fruit & natural ingredients. We feel that tasty food & flavorful drinks provided with honest friendly service is a great way to win someone over. We hope that someone is you. Enjoy!
Lima
“Interesting proposal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went for a late night snack. Had heard about their burgers. Didn't delve on the menu.

I liked the ambiance, but what struck me was the service.

Asked about their beers on tap, one of the managers recommended me Blue Moon because I wanted a Belgian brew. When I read the menu, found Leffe listed and just when I was ready to change my order, he came with a small glass so that I could try his suggestion. Wow.

The burger was great, albeit a bit spicy. Very good meat and tasty fries. Excellent bread and good olive oil on the table.

Not expensive for brews. Nice place to meet up.

• Visited October 2013

ny
“Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada, a block away and searched on-line for a place to have dinner within walking distance. This fit the bill and off we went. I have to say, the food was fantastic!! The nightly drink special ($6) was a cucumber infused russian standard with simple syrup and seltzer....yummy! We had such a nice time and meal, we returned the following night and were not disappointed at all! Pistachio Crusted chicken breast, shrimp and scallop with risotto and the blackened shrimp appetizer were a hit. We will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“One of my faves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Last night I had tuna tartar, crab cakes and a salad with feta cheese. My dining companions had the salmon special--
Everyone raved. The wines were great--tried red, white and rose. Service is great and the owner usually pops by to make sure everything is all good!
And it is....

• Visited July 2013
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Terrific Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The evening was perfect from the lovely hostess that seated us to the delicious dessert that ended the meal. The waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable when placing our order. My husband and I shared a salad and both ordered the stuffed chicken special. Both were outstanding. For dessert I had the mixed berry pavlova, OMG. I'd like to go back every evening for that. The apple tart my husband ordered was equally as delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I know we will return again.

• Visited June 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Off the beaten track but not to be missed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Banc Cafe is a great restaurant in NY with some fantastic food and even better wine. A great selection of all kinds of food will not disappoint anyone who eats here. There is also a huge cellar of wine for every palate. A little off the beaten track and blended in to the scenary it is one the discerning traveller should not overlook. Can get noisy at times so go early if you want a conversation. Eat here and you will not be disappointed. Did I mention the wine? PS on Sundays the wine is half price!

• Visited October 2012