“Destination Or Delivery, Either Way Is Good”
Review of Antique Cafe - CLOSED

Antique Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed November 30, 2008

Well, I read the two reviews below, one good, the other scathing. My own experience of this place is consistently good, and I felt compelled to write that. Why? Those pastries are awesome! I love the coffee drinks, and sometimes I order lunch from here, which I check off their website, and the menu gets updated daily. Yeah so it's pricier than other places, but you're not getting dive-y food. I've never had a problem with the service in shop or with them screwing up a delivery. So, tick this off in the good review column.

Reviewed July 2, 2008

My friend and I ate here and had one of the worst experiences in a very long time. First, we asked the counter woman if we were supposed to order at the counter or at our table, she told us to sit and the waiter told us to go inside. We did so, and were told by the counter girl (in a rude tone) that she told us to order from her. Once our food came (we ordered 2 sandwiches) and there was no salad. After asking the waiter where our salad was, he said they ran out, with a rather convoluted story on how we "were supposed to get salad but they ran out so we didn't get charged." However, we saw tables around us with salads coming out to them after our salad "ran out." When I went back to the counter girl and asked for an explanation and itemized bill, she got very defensive with me and told me I was charged $1 less for each sandwich because of no salad. This was no where written for the public to understand nor was her expanation making any sense to me. The sandwich price was written as $7.95 with a salad. She said she charged us $6.95, since that was the price with no salad (indicated nowhere on the menu, just from her snotty defensive story.

Rude service will prevent me from ever going back. Get it together!

Yours truly, a experienced employee of New York kitchens & familiar with customer service,
An unhappy customer

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2008

One of the hidden places in NYC! Their brunch, muffins and lunch are good. Nice to have an outside table.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook