“As usual, outstanding Hyatt quality” 4 of 5 stars

Hyatt Times Square New York
Ranked #53 of 479 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, New York
“As usual, outstanding Hyatt quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great location (close to Times Square, Bryant Park, and Rock Center) and very clean, stylish rooms. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind; rooms were very clean and kid friendly.

Few tips: about two doors down there is a great, small store- buy your beer and wine there as the food/beverages at the Hyatt are overpriced (but comparable to NYC hotel prices); the store also has an ATM (which the hotel does not have). Also, there are a few parking garages that are very close to the hotel---I would opt for self parking as the valet prices are absurd (but again on comparable to other NYC hotels) especially when I'm fairly sure the valet parks the cars in the same garage for like 40 bucks/night.

No criticisms of the hotel or services and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It's a great place, but if you want to spend tons of time in or around Central Park you should b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Lin755

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Hyatt Times Square is a great hotel. It has a prime location right in the midst of the action yet the rooms offered a peaceful respite from the city. My room was a standard double but I felt it was spacious for NY standards. The decor and fixtures felt fresh, clean and new.

The room service from the T45 restaurant was of an exceptional standard. I ordered the portobello mushroom sandwich and it was easily the best room service meal I've had in years.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ryan F, Manager at Hyatt Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Han230,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope your trip home was uneventful! Really pleased to hear you liked the room, I to love the fact that on average our rooms are just a little larger than the competition.

I am also really pleased to hear that the kitchen out did themselves on the sandwich! I will be sure to try it,
all the best,
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hi everyone, I stayed at the Hyatt Time Square in June and the location was perfect, steps away from Time Square, the rooms were awesome ( a bit small but that is normal for hotels in that location) and the staff was very friendly especially Karen at the front desk who checked us in. I mentioned to her that we were expecting our 1st and by the time we got to our room there was a beautiful card and a gift from the staff congratulating us. It was such a thoughtful gesture. I would recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if available for a awesome view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle-Brooks
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I really enjoyed my quick stay at this hotel. My wife and I were in town for two days/one night for our 14th anniversary and the hotel was really one of the highlights of our trip. Our room had a modern look and feel but was very comfortable. The space and design were well thought out and the floor to ceiling windows really enhance the great view of the NYC skyline. We didn't come to New York City (particularly Times Square) looking for peace an quiet but the noise was not a concern (we were on the 47th floor). We didn't interact with the hotel staff much just because we didn't need to but they seemed very accommodating and I got the sense they were a fun group who enjoyed working together.

If you're looking for a great place to stay in the general area of Times Square, you can't go wrong with the Hyatt. If you want to spend another $50 to $100 a night you might get fancier drapes but I don't think you'll get a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brent,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I am thrilled you chose to spend it with us. We are humbled by the high praise you have shared and I am glad you felt the "fun" vibe, it’s nice when our culture and ethos shows through.

Hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back for your 15th anniversary!

All the very best to you both,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and 7yr old daughter recently stayed at the Hyatt in a Times Square. It was just perfect. Very sleek and clean. A contemporary vibe. The check in process was quick and efficient. We used the valet service to park our car for the weekend. It was smooth and efficient. Karen checked us in. She was very friendly and polite. My daughter told her it was her first visit to NYC. Karen then upgraded our room without us asking to a one bedroom suite and moved us to a higher floor. How nice was that, huh?

The check in process was a bit funky in that the person who checks you in, also takes your bags to your room. I guess it's a single point of service. It worked for us, but I can see where bottlenecks could occur at busier times.

The lobby is small, but we didn't need to or want to hang there, so it didn't matter.

The room was very clean. Beds were large, fluffy, and extremely comfortable. Noise level was low. Nice TVs. Great showers. Well run and evenly controlled AC. No complaints at all.

The location was amazing. Steps from Time Square. We could walk everywhere....Toys R Us for the Ferris wheel, M&MS store, Hershey Store. Broadway theaters, fine resteraunts, etc. We also walked only a few blocks to St. Patricks Cathedral, Rockafeller Center, and the American Girl Store. We took a longer, but very doable walk, to Central Park.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Pinkypopo (best screen name of the day)

We are really pleased you chose us and thrilled that you had such a great time! I will give Karen a high five for a job well done; fingers crossed we have made a life longer Hyatt fan out of your daughter.

All the best and we hope to see you again soon,

Best regards,
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is in a good location; the rooms are decent sized. However; this hotel's major issue is incompetent staff. It is highly disorganized right from check-in. There is no properly formed line at the reception and it is a total chaos and waste of time waiting for check-in.
The worst part of my experience was when I was trying to locate an item that I left in the room after check-out. I called the hotel 2 hours after check-out and let them know that I left a pair of jeans in the closet. Again, the way they dealt with it was a total chaos; they didn't know who to call; didn't return my calls. I decided to go to the hotel to talk to the housekeeping manager and at that point I understood that this hotel has no way of dealing with something as basic as lost & found. Either their housekeepers don't return found items in the room; or the management has no way of tracking them. Either way it is a shame for a Hyatt. Had gone through similar incidents in the past with other major chains and never had an issue finding the item (and most of the time it was shipped to me in no time!)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank nirajdBoston
Dear NirajdBoston,

Greetings and thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sincerely sorry for the troubles you experienced; entirely our fault and again I apologize. As you saw our lobby is small and there really is no room for a queue to form but we do try hard to help people as quickly as possible but clearly we failed in this instance.

More importantly I am sorry about the pair of jeans! We have dozens of items turned in daily and a manager diligently logs them so I was very concerned to hear that we didn’t even seem to be able to give you a good answer about your missing item. If you would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me in person; there are two Ryan's on our team and my title is Director of Rooms; just to avoid confusion.

I apologize again and am hopeful we might be able to speak in person and investigate the lost and found further.

Best regards,
Marc Rodman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Now, I live in CT but work in NYC every week. I usually stay at Marriott as a platinum member but decided to switch things up a bit and stay here. Like all my reviews, I'm very picky.

Here is what I need:
Great AC-check
Great bed-check
Large room-check
Friendly staff-check check check

From Chester and Luis upfront managing your first expectations upon arrival to the front desk.

But the best and one that got me hooked is Karen the Sales Manager. Man, what a special person and like no one in the hotel business that I ever encountered. She helped me with getting a preferred price for my weekly visit, left a beautiful card and brownies in my room and upgraded me on my consecutive visits. What a women. Great person and true professional.

This terrace room with balcony is awesome. The suites are huge and new and the restaurant is awesome.

So, make the switch here and enjoy the comforts of home with an amazingly caring and talented staff who all love their jobs.

Hope Hyatt is reading this and passes this around the team. Love them.

Marc Rodman