“Quiet rooms in Times Square!!!”

Hyatt Centric Times Square New York
Ranked #52 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Quiet rooms in Times Square!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It's a new Hyatt Hotel (2013) with young and attentive staff, don;t expect a great lobby like other Hyatts cause you'll be dissapointed, I prefer this kind of Hyatt, more efficient, modern with helpful staff and with small but extremely comfortable rooms, I was in a king room on 45 floor. If you choose Times Square, this is the Hotel.

Room Tip: Upper rooms very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2014

First and foremost, I'm a Hyatt fan. My husband and I have stayed at a number of Hyatt hotels around the world, and will continue to do so. The newest offering in Manhattan from this reputable chain, is the Hyatt Times Square. Now, there are many Hyatts in and around Manhattan, and they are all good, but if you're a tourist and you want a centralized location, with easy access to Broadway and shopping, you can't do any better than this small and chic hotel.
The hotel restaurant, t45, was designed by George Wong, and conjures up images of an old timey, retro diner. The food was very good and the service excellent. There is also a rootop lounge, bar 54, but unfortunately it was so crowded, we couldn't get in. We'll just have to go back another time.
The room was a reasonable size, especially for New York City, where size is always at a premium. Sleek and modern, with minimalist decor, it suited us very nicely. The bathroom, although small, matched the bedroom in its modern decor, and always comes with standard amenities.
We've stayed numerous times at the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station, which is enormous by comparison, and has a lot to offer, but for sheer convenience, the Hyatt Times Square can't be topped.
One final note: We stayed at this Hyatt using our free night offered by our Hyatt credit card. It was an excellent way for us to check it out and decide whether we would consider going back. We did love it and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to minimize traffic noise.
Green Features: The hotel has reminder noric The hotel has little reminders in its rooms to re-use bedding and towels whenever possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine N
New York
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this new NYC Hyatt for two nights in June, 2014. Having been a guest at Hyatt 48 Lex and the Hyatt Grand Central previously, I looked forward to experiencing this new Hyatt property. It proved to be the best of the three.

Hyatt Times Square is an ideal choice for anyone who wants to be in the center of the Midtown tourist areas of NYC. The 45th Street location is very close to the hubbub of Times Square, and yet it offers rooms that can be surprisingly quiet. Normally a light sleeper, I stayed in an executive suite on the 10th floor. There were no big-time issues with traffic noise. If you can't sleep with any noise, try using Sleep Pillow or another noise-cancelling app on your smart phone.

The place has a boutique feel, but the rooms are not glorified shoe boxes. They're comfy and well appointed. The hotel's small check-in desk is located immediately inside the entrance, staffed by energetic Hyatt employees who quite simply can't do enough for you. Need something? Just ask. A special shout-out to Floyd, who helped me several times during the stay. There is also a small restaurant called T45 in the lobby area. The food is OK. T45 will do room service for a fee, but you're usually better off just going down to the lobby and bringing the fare up to your room. I was particularly impressed by James in T45. He was cordial, quick in service, and very welcoming at the bar. Again, the overall theme of quality customer service was evident. I didn't get to the rooftop bar, but I understand that the view up there is spectacular.

Room highlights from this executive suite:
Mini refrig (not stocked - bring your own goodies - temperature varies)
Rain shower (terrific)
Plenty of outlets
Light controls can be a little confusing, but they are clearly marked. Just keep pushing the buttons until you get used to them.
Night light setting in the bathroom (a plus)
Comfy sofa bed and ample desk in the living area
Tiny ice buckets . . . a minor annoyance
Clean, efficient room design
No pay-per-view movies are offered. Why??
Great flat screen LGs in both bedroom and living area
Separate bedroom in these suites offers privacy,
Bed is very comfortable, and closet space is ample.
(The rest of the room details are available on the hotel website.)

There are several decent restaurants within a block of the hotel. I enjoyed lunch at Connolly's, a casual Irish bar and restaurant a few doors down, and the steakhouse across the street (Bobby Van's?? Can't recall the name, but I definitely recall the tasty filet).

Bottom line:
This hotel is new and welcoming and terrific. The location is also ideal for any tourists who want to explore Midtown. Recommended for couples, solo travelers or small family tourism (up to 2 kids).

P.S. If you ever use hotel-arranged cars for private transportation to the airport, please read this section:

The rates charged by this hotel's normal outside contractor for airport transportation by town car or limo are ludicrous. I was quoted $179 for a trip to Newark airport in a town car. Having lived in the NYC area for decades, I knew the price was out of line. I immediately mentioned that to the concierge and proceeded to find my own alternative. A simple search on my smart phone yielded a $109 rate from another vendor, and that option was the better choice. I rode to Newark with a smile.

Room Tip: Talk with the helpful desk staff and tell them what you need. Be willing to wait for the best room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank NooYawkMama
Sydney
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked 6 months ago for a 10 night stay - booked via Central reservations and also spoke direct to Hotel re concerns noise. Was told room requested to fulfill criteria. Arrived 16 June and hugely disappointed. Informed a request just that and I should be assured there is a double glazing on windows - maybe the staff need to experience a stay 12th floor and below. Moved within 10 minutes - away from lifts and 2 floors up. So much for being moved to a higher floor!!! After 21 hour flight kept awake until after midnight with music from Pub next door and air con either blowing cold directly on you or you were sweating before it kicked back in.
Night 4 - once again same situation woken by music at 2.20am and air con competing for noise.
With Hyatt as a preferred brand disappointed the request could not be fulfilled especially as staying 10 nights!! This was on top of no greeting when arrived at Hotel - we were exhausted with 7 year old and had to take own baggage from hire car.
I rely on Trip Advisor and was excited to stay at this Hotel. We dismissed poor reviews as few, surely this has happened to others??
On the plus side room fantastic and spacious, great location. Such a shame about noise and air con. Disappointment also stems from conversations directly with a Hotel and a request seemingly like a done deal.

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Tantray
Melissa O, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Tantray,

We are sincerely very sorry for not meeting your expectations! This is truly not the impression we would like to leave with you. Please call the hotel and speak to any Manager and we will definitely listen and address your concerns. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to speaking to you.

Melissa
Boston
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt with my wife and all I can say is I was impressed !!! Great location near Times Square and the roof top bar ... Amazing view ! And to top it off terrific staff ... As soon as we walked in we were immediately greeted by staff ... I gotta give it up for the security women who were in the lobby .. Very helpful and very welcoming ... Made me and my wife laugh and feel comfortable as if we knew them already ... I would recommend this hotel to everyone ... Thanks for making my stay a very good one !

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank MrRice1973
Melissa O, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear MrRice1973,

The entire team and I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback! We truly appreciate your business and we definitely wish to provide a fun and friendly experience for every guest that walks through our doors! Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hyatt Times Square!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I took a chance and bid on hotwire for a room with a 100% customer rating and 4-stars, and got this great hotel! Wow, literally a stone's throw away to the action in Times Square.

If you want to stay in Times Square then choose this hotel. It is walking distance to major attractions in the city. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and we enjoyed every minute of it.

The staff is very accommodating and welcoming. Upon arrival, we were able to check in an hour early, and were given a complementary upgrade of the front-facing view.The rooms are spacious (NYC standards) and very clean. The bathroom is large and clean! The bathroom has heated floors! The hotel is brand new, it opened in December 2013.

It is a little pricey,but that's because we are traveling in peak summer season. I would 100% recommend this hotel and I would return.

Room Tip: Request a front-facing view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank silver97teg
Dearest Zee,

Thank you very much for the great review and rating! Pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and loved our location. Thanks for your referral and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Convenient, clean, hip and friendly... Perfect NYC hotel for a few nights! I love the Hyatt brand, while this is not a grand or park Hyatt.. It's an above average city hotel at a decent price, nothing but praise for this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Melissa O, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Gigigolf,

We love YOU! The entire team and I are humbled and pleased with your exceptional feedback. We hope to see you soon and we wish you our very best!