“!!! Perfect Location - Heart of Times Sq !!!”

Hyatt Centric Times Square New York
Ranked #55 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 9, 2014

!!! Perfect for a Weekend Stay in the heart of New York City, Times Square !!! It should be said that all rooms are above the 23rd floor which means that you get to be in the belly of the beast and yet sleep soundly. Very new hotel with a boutique feel and small tastefully decorated lobby. The hotel is only open a few weeks old so the roof top lounge and a few other features still are not open. We were the first to stay at the Premier Suite given to us, which was pretty cool.

The Bedroom, Nice Large Comfy Bed. Loved the white comforter that they change between visitors, no germs bedspread. Slightly odd ornamentation above the bed which included a small porcelain figure that looked like a balloon animal !!!

The Hotel offers Great amenities in case one needs it, its the small touches that makes a 5 Star experience. The bathroom had a heated floor, which you could adjust. Bathroom had a rain style shower. Cool lighting options. Overall the room design was great.

Suite features a private terrace, soundproofed floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the Times Square area, one king bed and a 47-inch flat-screen TV. The sleek, residential vibe includes a spacious living and dining area, plus an eclectic collection of New York City-themed artwork complemented by a backdrop of neutral, light-toned fabrics and warm woods. The suite features a modern master bathroom with rain shower and separate soaking tub.

The Negatives would be: The TV is using IP and freezes up constantly which became annoying while watching Morning news. The Toilet in the bathroom was not functioning well, required at least 3-4 flushes and had a odd odor coming from it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdnanSamia
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Centric Times Square New York

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I spent 5 days at this Hyatt on a business trip. The location of the hotel is great if you want to be near Times Square and the Broadway shows. It's also a reasonable walk to most midtown locations. The hotel is new, so the facilities are clean and in good shape. The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were functional, the bed comfortable, and the shower nice. Those are the positives. As for the negatives, the room service is below par. They deliver food in brown paper bags with plastic utensils and cups -- as if you were just ordering take out. The restaurant in the hotel is overpriced and underwhelming. I think it's supposed to be an upscale diner, but the food is average, the selections limited, and the waiters are made to wear awful uniforms. The décor of the hotel rooms and hallways reminds me of the things I don't like about 70's style. The rooms are fairly basic and bland. If you're looking for a special place to stay, this is not it. If all you expect is a comfortable bed and good location, it's a fine option if the price is right.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SoCalTMac
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Took over 1 hour to deliver robe which should've bern in room upon arrival. When I askef why they said "we forgot"!!! Heating system blew hot and then cold air out making sleeping and being comfortable impossible. Checked out day early because it was so terrible. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Yogagirljp
Ryan F, Manager at Hyatt Centric Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear YogagirlJP,

Greetings from NYC and thank you for sharing with us your feedback; I was actually made aware of our error on the day it happened and want to assure you I spoke personally to the associates involved. We know that this sort of mistake is unacceptable and we respect that guests expect better of us and we are working towards zero defects.

We don’t have robes in all of our rooms as a standard but the long wait is still inexcusable and for that I apologize unreservedly.

If you would like to discuss further feel free to call the hotel and ask for me personally,
with best regards,
Ryan

Reviewed February 6, 2014

From the moment we pulled up and Walter greeted us we only met smiling,happy helpful staff. Check in was a breeze and our room was spotless,and comfy. Refrigerator coffee maker and big stall shower, even a magnifying mirror.
As for the restaurant we actually like it. One of the best steakhouses in NY is across the street and there is no lack of restaurants in the area. We love a NY diner experience for breakfast and the staff is very accommodating with special requests. Had a great salad with salmon done to perfection for dinner one night. Had a great steak across the street another night.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view. We were on the 32 floor facing 45th and Times Square not bad.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Elaine S

Dear Elaine,

Greetings from NYC; I am thrilled to hear you have found a place to call home in NYC! Thank you for the wonderful feedback about Walter, I saw him yesterday and shook his hand and thanked him personally for looking after you so well.

I trust that on your next visit you will have some time to check out our newly opened spa on the 3rd floor and our 54th floor rooftop bar that opens on Valentine's day!

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon,
All the best,
Ryan

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We booked 3 rooms in Hyatt Times Square for a week mixed with business and vacation.

The rooms have nice decor, BUT...lack of closet space...in our room there was only 1closet door and 3 drawers.

Bedside table has a mock drawer...when you open it is like a support to put your laptop and not a real drawer...when you checked in for a week stay during the winter, this can be annoying!

They don't have room service...there is a restaurant that can deliver to your room in take out packaging and is not 24h.... but for the cost of room service. The first day we ordered breakfast (the order came all wrong!!) for U$ 70,00 for 2. Save your money and go to Starbucks across the street!

The hotel is in soft open mode...ok...so they placed us on 28th floor, in which only 2 elevators could reach...on the 3rd day I was leaving for a meeting and I've got stuck in one elevator for a few minutes.

On the 4th day I had to wait the elevator for 15min...And it only came up when I called reception for the second time. I've made complaints about this situation and the staff was nice...They removed some charges of my bill to make up for the situation.

Be aware of street noise on lower levels.

There is a very nice gym in site and they were about to open the spa....

Maybe you should wait a little longer to stay there...for sure there are some adjustments to be made!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cenobre
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Times Square for Super Bowl weekend. We had considered many options and happened upon a good deal for this hotel. We do not regret our choice. The room was good size, the bed was comfy, there was no problem with noise. We had a nice view of Times Square. We were put on the 32nd floor in room 3202. We were greeted warmly upon arrival, the concierge provided excellent directions to Penn Station including what subway lines to use to get to and from Penn. The doormen were excellent. T45 (on site restaurant) offered up tasty burgers and fries as well as a delicious chocolate banana shake. Was a little on the pricy side but we were visiting New York and using the hotel restaurant, it was what I expected. Justin, our waiter, was extremely helpful on both occasions we used the restaurant and T45 is very lucky to have him on staff. The comment about the elevators going to specific floors is spot on but, once used to it, it wasn't a problem. Our only disappointment was that the rooftop bar wasn't yet open. The next time we go to NYC, we will certainly be looking to stay at the Hyatt Time square.

Room Tip: Having only stayed on the 32nd floor, I would recommend that floor or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fugitive48
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very last minute trip to New York for me; had to plan everything a day out. I had heard about this hotel but didn't realize it had opened yet (opened about 6 weeks before my stay). Newer Hyatt concept. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

For starters, I was greeted on the street by Pablo, the Asst Guest Svcs Manager. He knew my name and what time I was supposed to arrive. Outstanding service. Check in was efficient, very smart staff there. Express elevators to the 34th floor (what a view!). Hallway signage was like the flipping number/letters at Grand Central, very cool. Room was contemporary and just my style. Very cool lighting pre-sets like 'mood light' or 'night light'. Shower? Forget about it....colossal shower head form the ceiling...perfect for a taller guy like me; this was one of the best showers I had ever had in a hotel.

Liam, another manager called to check on how my stay was going. There was a great Irish pub next door with roof top deck. The hotel was only a half block off 7th Ave, perfect location. It only took me 10 min to walk to Penn Station with my suitcase. This will be my new home away from home in the Big Apple.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. It is a very tall hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo