“good NYC spot”
Review of Casa Mono

Casa Mono
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Mono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #726 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: 17th Street
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, W and L trains to 14th Street/Union Square.
Description: Casa Mono features raciones of Catalan specialties and serves dishes from all corners of Spain. It was awarded 2 stars from the New York Times shortly after its opening and was the highest rated Spanish restaurant in the 2006 and 2007 editions of Zagat. Casa Mono boasts a wine list of nearly 600 wines, representing all that is of quality in the rapidly expanding world of Spanish Wine. Our wine list was awarded the Wine Enthusiast Magazine Award of Unique Distinction in 2007, and has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 2005 through 2007. It was recently awarded with The Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence for 2008, as well as being rated 9.5 out of 10 in the Spanish wine magazine Sibaritas.
Brooklyn, New York
“good NYC spot”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Came here with few friends around 4pm on a Saturday and it was packed. The presentation of the food was nice and the table wine was good as well. The price was on the higher end but the presentation and quality is what you are really paying for. I would only come back if I'm trying to impress a lady, too romantic for me.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
“Will Return!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Though the space is quite cramped & noisy, its a lively & fun place with very good food. We shared 6 plates between the 2 of us and loved all but 1 (the pork belly, which we found excessively salty). It was so hard to choose what to try that we vowed to return until we've sampled the entire menu. The service was attentive, though our server was, to be frank, a bit odd. Otherwise, it was a terrific meal.

Boston
“small but great!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Small table in the front window was VERY tight...try not to sit there is you can. Wine list was extensive (most bottle well over $100). The food was fabulous, great flavor, presentation, spicing. We had a boneless pork chop that was amazing, rabbit, artichokes, housemade chorizo. Dessert: Crema Catalana con Buñuelos (bay leaf in a kind of donut coating)....fabulous. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“A must everytime I am in NYC”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Everytime I go to NYC I have to stop at Casa Mono, I usually like to write and tell what I ate, but it has been a while and I don't remember. The only dish I do rememeber is the Clam with the little pasta. This is delicious. Everything is cook perfectly the service is perfect and the ambiance great. If you arrive and you have to wait a bit there is the Jambon, right next door. You go have a drink there and when your table is ready they call you or just come and get you. I think it is a great service to offer. I will be back again when I'll be in NYC. a place not to miss.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent food, tight seating”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food here was amazing as was the wine. The only flaw was the tight seating and although I had reservations got placed at a table next to the door which on a cold December night kept opening and let in a draft. Didn't have many classic Spanish tapas but that could also be due to the region. Otherwise the food was great!

• Visited December 2012