“Delcicious fish AND chips!”
Review of A Salt and Battery

A Salt and Battery
Ranked #2,148 of 15,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed November 11, 2016

It's a tiny little hole in the wall, but the fish and chips were excellent. I loved that you could chose from a variety of fish- we chose the haddock and were delighted with our selection. Thankfully, we shared the crispy, fresh fries- the portion was huge!

Reviewed October 28, 2016

Considering there aren't that many good options for fish and chips, this hits the spot. It's tiny, but that adds to the charm!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

I was seeking this restaurant out due to the great reviews. While it was good and the name was entertaining, it didn't strike me as something extra special. It is very small with just 6 stools, the food tastes like you would expect- mushy peas taste just like peas, battered beets are the same. The haddock was very good. The service was pleasant and they included everything we needed in the to-go bag. I would go again but I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Ate here with friends, it's takeaway or small dining space. Complete menu including pie, cod is the same price as haddock when we were here. You get a counter to collect your food and there are benches outside for 3-4 ppl to sit over their fish

Reviewed August 24, 2016

I eat here everytime I am in New York for work. I am originally from England and the food here is the most authentic I have had anywhere else in the world. The battered sausage is perfect, the pickled onions are amazing and the chips.....