“Excellent !!”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent !!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had such an amazing brunch there ! That was on a Sunday but as we were only two we hadn't to wait for a table. The food was extraordinary ! The waitress was nice and patient. I would love to try every other choice on the menu !

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You must try this place!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a "must go" if you are in NYC! It is one of the cutest places i ever been! The corn meal pancakes are to die for! The tea menu is amazing, everything is so original and unique! I am already recommending this place to al my friends. I am coming back for sure!

Hyde Park, NY
“Amazing scones made with LOVE”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After a visit to the Museum of Natural History my friend suggested we take our young girls here for a treat, and a treat it was!! The girls were greeted by the cheeriest of hostesses who offered to sprinkle them with 'magic' dust while they made a wish - I loved this :) There are also fairy wings to borrow (and some to purchase) for your stay in this shabby chic little tea room. Staff was friendly and fun, but the star is the SCONES!!! OH MY HEAVENS!!! Buttery, moist, savory, sweet, each one warm and more delicious than the one before it! Truth be told I've never been a scone fan, but if I had these scones all the time I'd be a devout follower!!! They are simply the most scrumptious delights ever!!!! If I ever get back I seriously would just order six scones with a friend and go to town! As it was we had three - pumpkin with caramel glaze, mixed berry and a savory cheddar, ham and chive - do DIE for!!! AMAZING!!! Served with warm fresh as a berry falling off the tree raspberry jam and clotted cream you will be in heaven! I don't drink tea, but my friend said the tea was amazing. And even though the children got chocolate milk, they got their very own whimsical pot and china tea and saucers to drink out of :) Enchanting! Other food was yummy too, ham and gruyere sammys were yummy and my friend had the eggs salad infused with tea sammy. The mixed dessert plate had a variety of cookies and one featured dessert (in our case mocha cake) all delightful, but again, the star here are the scones!!!! I would have forgone all else for more scones! And I did! I bought some to take home! (You need to heat them at home to get the full and fabulous effect ;) Even if you can't stay to eat, stop in and buy scones, they are sooo worth the trip and are near the 1,2,9 line!
My only dismay was my friend had told me the rooms were awash with drawings from Alice in Wonderland with funny quotes strewn throughout but alas, the beautiful walls she remembered were no more, they were painted over :( The only walls remaining in the delightful décor were in the bathroom - so make sure you stop in and take a look at the whimsy that once was. Also, there is not wine on the menu, which personally I would like to have had! The waiter did inform me that the east side location did in fact serve alcohol.
Otherwise, a wonderful tea for the girls, so much fun, and unforgettable scones!!!!!

New York City, New York
“great place for kids”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

great selection of excellent food, wonderful tea selection for adulkts and incredible deserts.sandwiches are healthier than most an dkids love them

Visited July 2013
Maywood, New Jersey
“Delightful and plentiful”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I visited Alice's Tea Cup with two young friends. The shop is cute and the the service was a delight. We opted for the jabberwocky unlimited tea. The sandwiches were freshly made and delicious. The scones were light and filled with fruits. Served warm they were a joy to eat. The tea was religious and each pot held a good four cups. There was no skimping on the food. We left pleasantly full. The pixie dust is a nice way for the younger set to enter the tearoom. All in all it was well above average and one of the best high teas I have had. It is not cheap but worth it.